***BRIGHTLINER*** Update 10,0 - Virginia Beach Appearance!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update 8.0 - Earned Its Stripes!

Love this build!!!
The red grips are perfect!
Awesome stripe work.
That hoodie is incredible. You really need to play around with photo angles that show that baby off better. Maybe even stand up on a ladder or something.
The whole bike just has a great flow to it!!
BRAVO!!!

Thanks, King/Kool/Lugis!

I'm pretty stoked about how it turned out! I really wanted to use the chainguard, but it's all but trash! I would have needed another month to even make it presentable, much less nice!

Kool, your "lucite" would be a stretch at this time.....Greenville ain't THAT big! But it DOES give me an idea that warrants a quick stop at the Dollar Tree this weekend.

King, I have a couple really cool "landmark" locations in mind that should help me show off the bike. I know YG will figger'em out pretty quick, as you will, too!

Oh, and I almost forgot....

The whole bike was done for under $75, including the paint stripper! All I bought was 2 tires, 2 tubes, 2 spokes, 1 chain (broke the pattern, I know) and 2 cans of stripper!

Hurry cuz I can't wait to see it! Peace

Awesome! The pinstripes look great. I understand the idea behind making the ornament pop, but I think it probably pops more in real life than it does in pictures. I do agree that a nice red insert would be cool though!

brett4christ said:
Oh, and I almost forgot....

The whole bike was done for under $75, including the paint stripper! All I bought was 2 tires, 2 tubes, 2 spokes, 1 chain (broke the pattern, I know) and 2 cans of stripper!

You haven't gotten the bill for the bike yet. :lol:

The striping looks great! Can't wait to see the finished pictures so that I can rat out your locations.

yoothgeye said:
You haven't gotten the bill for the bike yet. :lol:

UNCLE!!!!!! I'll stripe the next bike you build in trade for the 'Liner! :D

Your pinstripes are awesome Brett!

Thanks guys! It means a lot to me coming from some of the better builders on RRB! Just glad to be a part

Thanks, Skippy! I've been watching your build and its pretty radical, too!

I'm on my way home to clean it up and get it ready for its formal pictures tomorrow!

Re: ***BRIGHTLINER*** Update 9.0 - All Done!

I'm all in guys! Call it done!

DSCN8081.JPG

Took the "formals" around town today! It was fun to chat with the BMXers at Jaycee Park! Gave some of the young'ens a history lesson on what was cool in the day! Even have some shots of tricks around the 'Liner!

DSCN8091.JPG

Thanks for the opportunity to have this much fun building a bike! See you on the other side!!

DSCN8034.JPG

Thanks to all that commented on my build, both positive comments and constructive criticism! Brightliner turned out much better than I had planned, with thanks to y'all!

Now I have to decide where I will cast my votes! MAN, there's a bunch of uber-cool bikes this year! I think it's probably the best BO yet! Lucky 7!

Love dem wings!!

Thanks, KF! Flexy is Sexy, too!

Now I gotta clean the garage! I can barely walk through without tripping on or knocking over something.

brett4christ said:
Thanks, KF! Flexy is Sexy, too!

Now I gotta clean the garage! I can barely walk through without tripping on or knocking over something.

Thanks buddy. Your garage can't be any worse that my shop. This is basically what it has looked like the entire BO7. :mrgreen: :p
I have no idea how I built my bike in this mess!!!

IMG_8227.jpg

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

I got a vote! I got a vote! Nanny-nanny-boo-boo! :D

Thanks, whoever you are!

For everyones information.....

I have had a couple people ask about the tires on Brightliner.

They are CST (Cheng Shin) Pro Cyclops in 26" x 2.4". CST has since demoted this tire from their premium line to there not-so-premium line. (The next run MAY have Cheng Shin on them instead of CST Pro.) They started in 20" (still have this size) as flatland park tires for freestyle tricks. I guess they were popular enough to maks 26' too! I have them on 3 bikes as of now....Brightliner, Bad Penny, and my recently acquired Trek 850 MTB. They ride great on pavement and smoot hardpack trails.

Your LBS should be able to order them for you at around $22 a piece.

And, NO, I don't work for CST or any of their affiliates. :D

Back