BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UndeadRatter said:
Does alteration of the fork count as frame alteration?

Should be fine...some folks don't even use the original fork anyway.

The main purpose of the stock frame rule is to try to keep the awesome welders from building stuff from scratch and blowing everyone out of the water.

lack of just frame

I know we're supposed to start with a frame and name our build thread after it, but I have some sweet parts- wheels, tires, forks, seat, bars, etc that i plan to get a frame for. it will probably be a classic diamondback mtb frame due to headset + dropout requirements (yerk.. not my favourite) but i dont have it yet so not too sure. I have some cool mockup pics. Could i start posting under 'diamondback' even though i dont have my frame?

Re: lack of just frame

JOScatRATrod said:
I know we're supposed to start with a frame and name our build thread after it, but I have some sweet parts- wheels, tires, forks, seat, bars, etc that i plan to get a frame for. it will probably be a classic diamondback mtb frame due to headset + dropout requirements (yerk.. not my favourite) but i dont have it yet so not too sure. I have some cool mockup pics. Could i start posting under 'diamondback' even though i dont have my frame?

Do ya need a DB frame,or do ya already have one? I gots one I probably won't ever do anything with,if you want it,what kinda parts/widgets do ya have to trade (the frame isn't worth much to me,so it wouldn't have to be much :wink: )? (wheels not included,from another bike for the pic).

DiamondbackOutlook.jpg

no not really i just had a great idea for a bike and i just got most of the parts i would need to do it. but i did say that i was going to take this year off. iduno yet

Latest posts

Back