BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peatbog said:
Hey, does anyone have any stuff that didn't quite work out on your bike and you had to say, "Man, that ain't gonna work. Gotta start over on that."

Naw, EVERY thing that I try works perfectly the first time. :D :) :shock:

10 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

IMG_1472.jpg

5972792574_e9524b7a21_b.jpg

IMG_20110607_155544.jpg

packratfin3.png

RRB6Finished006.jpg

Tonight's Build Brotha and Sista toast is brought to you by
Monty Python's Holy Ail - Black Knight's Reserve Dark Yorkshire Ale (Tempered over burning witches).

WP_002064.jpg

11 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

018-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

013.jpg

100_0008.jpg

bb5911214.jpg

016.jpg

Gotta love this! The Savannah Bicycle Campaign's Midnight Garden Ride is sponsored by New Belgium Brewery this year!
Just like last year, the Savannah Craft Brew Festival is that day with the ride and concert that night.

575367_10151861239715427_1785125249_n.jpg

This is the ride that I took BEER RUN on last year and won $200 at LBS for Best Lights and Best Costume.

midnightride1.jpg

yoothgeye said:
I love reliving those builds as you post them!

I know, it's pretty cool isn't it. I see the photos and oh yeah "he did this" or "he did that". Love BO time!

Man, there are some really nice bikes creeping out of the woodwork lately. I guess we're getting towards the end and seeing all the hard work paying off. Voting is going to be tough, but I can't wait to see all the finished bikes.

Terry66 said:
Man, there are some really nice bikes creeping out of the woodwork lately. I guess we're getting towards the end and seeing all the hard work paying off. Voting is going to be tough, but I can't wait to see all the finished bikes.

Yeah, and it will ramp up even more in a couple of weeks. There is some sweet work going on in this Build Off.

FIVE WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

GET TO BUILDING!!!!!!!

I've just got to say: man, there are some very nice bikes/very talented builders on here. It has been an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of, and watch all this inspiration and talent come into fruition. Good luck to EVERYONE in this BBO. Regardless of the vote, you have ALL brought some winners to the table, congrats!

Scootbomb said:
I've just got to say: man, there are some very nice bikes/very talented builders on here. It has been an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of, and watch all this inspiration and talent come into fruition. Good luck to EVERYONE in this BBO. Regardless of the vote, you have ALL brought some winners to the table, congrats!

TRU DAT!!!!
Your build included!!!!!!!!

12 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

67l3l1.jpg

Bike2.jpg

IMG_20110801_184829.jpg

P1010557.jpg

sIMG_5919.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Scootbomb said:

TRU DAT!!!!
Your build included!!!!!!!!
Right back atcha Kingfish! With only one winner or a 1,2,3 finish, even if my build doesn't get a single vote, I know I will be in good company. There are so many amazing builds on here that aren't going to "win," but, man are they cool!

You know, if you really look at each bike, they are all pretty cool and amazing in their own right. I mean one bike may not be as tricked out or as impressive as some of the heavy hitters, but I can really appreciate the style and work put into all the bikes. Honestly, looking at the pics from last year, I would be proud to call each one of those my own.

Here is a question for you veterans of the buildoffs. What happens to the bikes once the build off is complete? Do you guys keep them, sell them, tear them down and start over?

Terry66 said:
Here is a question for you veterans of the buildoffs. What happens to the bikes once the build off is complete? Do you guys keep them, sell them, tear them down and start over?

This is only my 2nd BO, so I wouldn't call myself a vet. From what I have seen, it's just like any of the other bikes built on RRB. Some are riders, others arefor show only, some are re-used or sold for parts. Personally, I played with BEER RUN for a while and had a lot of fun riding him around Savannah. Then I sold it to my buddy and he has it hanging in his pizza restaurant. Your Pie, craft pizza, craft beers, craft bikes!!

IMG_4784.jpg

Terry66 said:

My bike is still in my shop as a rider and it will never be anything but. I did have to replace the bell because the old one broke, I cut the rubber pedal straps off, they were dangerous, and I put the stock seat clamp back on it because I needed the GT clamp for the GT frame on Sand Rover.

As far as the tear down and start over thing, I'm not a big fan. I would like to believe that people are building in this build-off so that they can have a new bike for themselves, not just building to build/compete.

yoothgeye said:
Terry66 said:

My bike is still in my shop as a rider and it will never be anything but. I did have to replace the bell because the old one broke, I cut the rubber pedal straps off, they were dangerous, and I put the stock seat clamp back on it because I needed the GT clamp for the GT frame on Sand Rover.

As far as the tear down and start over thing, I'm not a big fan. I would like to believe that people are building in this build-off so that they can have a new bike for themselves, not just building to build/compete.

Yeah, I agree with what you’re saying. I love my Higgins and plan to keep it, ride the heck out of it at the local rat/vintage rides and maybe put it in some of the local shows. Honestly, I need to ride my vintage/rat bikes more. My problem is that I am really into cycling. I usually do 30-50mile workouts at least 5 days a week on my road bike, I do time trial races and I mountain bike on top of that. A few times a year I head out for a 3-4 day bike-packing tours. It doesn’t leave much time for cruising on the old bikes. :|

I still have "Wise Guy" in the garage with a flat back tire, it would almost be an easy fix if it wasn't for the two tubes and rim strips that need replacing, I would have done it awhile ago,,,at least I have it covered up!

Back