Build-Off "Parts Needed"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some 80's road bike parts that I would donate, just pay postage.
Nitto drops, Shimano Deore crankset (square taper) Shimano Exage LX 300 rear (6-8 sp) front (3 sp) with strapped down-tube shifters (polished and lubed). Dia-compe brakes, etc. Gold anodized road wheels with new tires and free hub. Old Look-Shimano road pedals.
Various saddles, stems and seatposts. Even a Fuji Attitude frame and fork.
Ask, I might have what you need.

Link to a few photos.
What is a Fuji attitude I don’t think I’m familiar with that?
For the most part I don’t ride road bikes much anymore either. I need to be able to do a minimum of 1/2 of soft dirt just to get to pavement, so “gravel” bikes are my style.
My definition of a gravel bike is one that’s fun to ride on dirt roads, and is cool on trails/ levee roads, or wherever I feel like riding.
Do you have a 26mm seat post?

I have these three seatposts at the moment.
Top: 27mm
Middle: 26.6
Bottom: 25.6
IMG_8111.jpg

I like the one on top.
I shined one of those up and put it on my lotus frame. I need to build that back up.
The Fuji absolute looks like a nice design. If it had room for some fat tires someone could have some fun with it.

I knew this was going to happen lol that deore crankset :inlove: but,
A: not for a build off bike*
2: the danged shipping will cost more than it's worth.
III: (*) I could conceivably try to do another one, but it's definitely not a muscle, 1.75 tires, so it's not skinny, and it's intended use is on road, so there's no category for the mess I wouldn't be able to finish
But what if we send it to my wife's parents you forget I married an American.

That'd be cool, thanks! I'm at 48130 in Michigan if it makes a difference. Canada is just across the river from here after all. ;-)
You would think 🤔 but it's cheaper to mail it to england than Michigan but I will ask wife when she gets home if she's going to here parents for Thanksgiving. She can mail it from there

That'd be cool, thanks! I'm at 48130 in Michigan if it makes a difference. Canada is just across the river from here after all. ;-)
I used to live very close to there, and my dad still does. I used to ride along the Huron river from Ann Arbor to Dexter and around Manchester when I lived over there. I miss that area sometimes.

I used to live very close to there, and my dad still does. I used to ride along the Huron river from Ann Arbor to Dexter and around Manchester when I lived over there. I miss that area sometimes.
I can hear the motorcycles on Huron River Drive on nice days. It's a common route for test rides when I get a bike done. (Motorcycle that is).

When we first got here we planned on staying two or three years. That was 23 years ago!

You got there just Before I left.
I left in 2002.
That area seems to change quickly.
I left in around 73, went back in 79, left in 87, back in 93,… the towns got bigger and closer together every time, a lot of the roads got paved,…
Huron Parkway was a “test drive “ spot when I was in high school. Lol.

just throwing it out there. any one have a pare of shifters. this style. for my Blue Blur build off bike. found a set local used but they were for 3/10 IE three gears up front 10 in back. it was a grate price $40.00 Shimano Dur Ace . but my bike is set up with Shimano 6 speed rear shifter and Shimano 2 speed up front. so like a dummy I did not buy it at local swap meet. thinking a 10 speed shifter will not work with a 6 /7 speed derailleur.

any who so I am on the hunt for one kind like this. must be Shimano compatible. don't need to be Dur Ace but need to work with Shimano
s-l1600m.jpg
s-l1600 (21).jpg
DSC02842.JPG

I think Shimano Tourney brifters can be had in 2x7. They are about $90/pr new. Can you put a 7 speed on and make that work?
well after reading about them on line. looks like they will work. so just bought a set. $111.19 brand new be here by Wednesday.
so thanks for the heads up.

@Grant what would it take to get you building in the skinny game? I've grown up a little, I might be able to stop myself from picking on your drop bars. I'm even building a bike with a set!
Possibly next time there's a skinny build off.
I'll have to find something interesting.

I'm in need of a part for a 1 1/8 gyro. I need the part that holds the back brake cables that goes on first. It's the parts here in the middle with the writing on it not sure what it's called.
Screenshot_20221215-054916.png

The one I ordered had these but my frame isn't set up for that.
IMG_20221214_184847223_HDR.jpg

I'm in need of a part for a 1 1/8 gyro. I need the part that holds the back brake cables that goes on first. It's the parts here in the middle with the writing on it not sure what it's called.View attachment 219728
The one I ordered had these but my frame isn't set up for that.View attachment 219727
I don't know if they sell the Odyssey traditional lower cup separately. @Slow-Rider is probably the best resource here. Heck, he may have one!?

It's fairly straightforward to drill and tap for those frame tabs though

Screenshot_20221215-080851~2.png

I don't know if they sell the Odyssey traditional lower cup separately. @Slow-Rider is probably the best resource here. Heck, he may have one!?

It's fairly straightforward to drill and tap for those frame tabs though

View attachment 219729
Yeah just didn't want to drill into the frame for fear of the drill bit slipping that and I don't have any tap tools.

Latest posts

Back