build off who's excited?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep !!!! I'm in... Have it all planned out.Will use a girls frame I purchased from France,cant seem to find any info on it...Just that it is old,serial No: 52 L. No badge,but I can make out a lion,so maybe a early Peugeot? Lugged frame and tubes have darts on them?(raised designon tubes) Maybe some help not sure what you call it... UPDATE- Repousse or repoussage

Last edited:
Yep !!!! I'm in... Have it all planned out.Will use a girls frame I purchased from France,cant seem to find any info on it...Just that it is old,serial No: 52 L. No badge,but I can make out a lion,so maybe a early Peugeot? Lugged frame and tubes have darts on them?(bevelled) Maybe some help not sure what you call it...
Is it missing a tube Funk, or is that how it came?

Luke.

Is it missing a tube Funk, or is that how it came?

Luke.
I cut it 3 yrs ago,and never continued... So hope it gets a new life in this build...

Miss Funk and Momma Jats are in. Any other ladies joining?

Welcome back Momma Jats! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Hopefully Jats wont give away your big secrets this year! ;)

Luke.

Not much chance of secrecy with him I have learned. I will have a couple of tricks up my sleeve though. ;)

I'm excited.
As usual, I will not be building a contender, but the bike I'm building I'm looking forward to riding. So the Build Off is just a means of keeping me motivated to finish.
I'm going the skinny tire route this time around.

I'm excited.
As usual, I will not be building a contender, but the bike I'm building I'm looking forward to riding. So the Build Off is just a means of keeping me motivated to finish.
I'm going the skinny tire route this time around.
what frame you using?

^^^a late thirties Columbia-built Berkshire-badged 28" wheel size frame.

The last major part I needed came in...

Fender 1.jpg

Believe it or not this is a 26" fender sitting on a 24" wheel (well it is a 24" x 3.0" tire that really is 25" in diameter).

Ya-yo babe!! Straight bar?? pic plz...:thumbsup:

Sorry, pictures will have to wait until I get the frame down from the attic. I can't find any pics on my computer; they disappeared.

Ha! Frames tell a beautiful story don't they? I have
a 28er(or so) on the docket for a 30's frame as well!!
May even go skinny-tire too, so will watch this one.:thumbsup:.

Jat's it is a kenda flame 24" x 3.0" that I got on Amazon from Bikewagon. The funny thing is this was an oops on their part because they sent me two of the same tires. I contacted them about it and they said rather than having to pay for its return to keep it. :D

Jat's it is a kenda flame 24" x 3.0" that I got on Amazon from Bikewagon. The funny thing is this was an oops on their part because they sent me two of the same tires. I contacted them about it and they said rather than having to pay for its return to keep it. :D
sweet!!!

Back