Bully for me!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tires tubes and a seat and chain and thats done!
sweet find! 8)

Awesome, I'd agree but with a full disassembly, vinegar bath, polish, re-grease, and reassembly first.

The 48s are unfortunately flaking on the chrome but the hubs and stickers on them are great! the hubs have a mirror finish. I was going to clip the spokes anyways so maybe clip the spokes clean the hubs up, paint the rims black? White? and put on new Peregrine decals on the rims. Also I am going to have to Ritdye the bashguard I think. too sun faded.

I personally wouldn't paint the rims because the brake pads will just rub it off and they will look horrible. You might want to get them powder coated or re-chromed.

Solid advise. Even before reading it I had changed my mind. It looks like they are Super Pros and I think I will keep them just the way they are! I am having trouble finding a Serial# tho. None on the BB or the inside or outside dropouts. Still cleaning so they may turn up. This one looks like it may be a profitable flip when that time comes!

Should be on the upper crank housing non drive side under the dirt and grime. Could also be on the chain side.

Fisch said:
Very jelly of that one. The bashguards in general seem to be climbing in value.

I sold a Tailwhip last week. The guy who picked it up has quite a collection of them. They came out right when I had skipped bmx over to skating so I didn't have too much exposure to them back then. I dig that they are such a departure from everything else that was out. Plus the art is GREAT!

Fisch said:
Heyslugger, You planning on keeping this bad boy, or using it for trading material?

Well Fisch, I am probably going to trade it for foldin' money only...eventually. I might would trade for a ridable 26" bmx. - As an illustrator, did you notice that Marx McKee did the graphics on this one?

heyslugger said:
Fisch said:
Heyslugger, You planning on keeping this bad boy, or using it for trading material?

Well Fisch, I am probably going to trade it for foldin' money only...eventually. I might would trade for a ridable 26" bmx. - As an illustrator, did you notice that Marx McKee did the graphics on this one?
I didn't reaize that was McKee. Cool! Ironically I was just chatting with Standard Bykes about doing some graphics for them. That would be pretty cool.

Fisch ~ Funny you mention that, I need to get ahold of a guy at standard. I cant remember his name but a guy who runs a shop here in town told me that he has axels for the Peregrine 48 Super Pros that came on this Bully. The Pegs bent the rear on mine. I cannot believe how this thing is cleaning up! I will reshoot these pics but the wheels are sweet. A little chrome flake but still. Now the rusted spokes...They seem like they are surface. Has anyone ever vinegar dipped wheels? I have only done frames forks stems etc.

Latest posts

Back