Bummed out... New pics! 9/20/08

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really hoping to get this on ebay but, the bidding went higher than I want to spend. I guess I'll just keep watching and waiting for another one like it.
Hawthornezep.jpg

Hawthornezep2.jpg

Re: Bummed out...

yeah it stinks when they get away.....i felt that way when the first prewar i wanted wouldnt be sold :x
ohhhhhh well...
and this is what my lost one looked like
columbia.jpg

mine wasnt an out bid.....found it on craigslist and after the guy told me hed sell it for $100 and i could pick it up the next day he started waffling..........i guess he thought i was made of gold :roll: but good note...i got my dayton because i didnt get that columbia

I got that exact same frame and thats how I knew it is a hawthorne zep.When I looked wards hawthorne I found it to be a 38or39.But I could be wrong. Tony :D

Hey boardtrack fan google wards hawthorne and the first one click on it and there is a bike like the one you missed and its a 1937 wards zep t/y Tony 8)

The bad thing is when you are trying to calculate what something is worth and then add the shipping . You put in your high bid of $320 and you watch it go past yours like a rocket. Makes you feel real poor. :roll: :cry: :roll: :lol:

Re: Bummed out... Happy ending!

great news for you. when i saw it i thought wow i wouldnt have been willing to lose that either. you should really enjoy that!

ive heard horror stories about the second chance offers(was only with guitars and stuff like that)..
thing to look for was it sent to you through your email or ebays contact system?(if only email id be kind of careful)and keep track of how many days its been since you pay(if using paypal)since you only have (i think) 45 to file a complaint
anyhow....hope everything works out well! and post some pics when she gets there :mrgreen:

Hi, it's a Hawthorne Comet I believe.
Scott 8)

thought I had this somewhere!
Scott 8)
hawthorne.jpg

Back