Burgandy B-6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a B-6 I picked up at the end of summer. Good overall condition, and only missing a few parts. A daily rider was the initial goal. Clean-up and bearing care was the starting point.

This is how it stands in the basement of the previous owner (chainsaw & lawnmower shop).

Wheels chrome had flaked off (not that cool kind of patina, just rusty and rough), and the front light had only 10% of its original paint, so
I decided to take liberties. Purist may cringe, but dealer choice.

This how I paint my wheels, it may not be the right way but it works.

quick fix for the bars. It is a good finish if new chrome is not in the budget.
Making a comeback.

The rack's bracket to attach the frame is missing.

My question to the pros out there: What is the best/proper rack reflector? I see many options on ebay, but there are many variations,
and all claim to fit the B-6 rack. All suggestions are welcome.

Here are the numbers, any detectives out there know the year.

Hey- It goes and stops!
Many things remain on the check list. The seat needs recovering, I never attempted upholstery before, I'll give it a try. I may buy a repro tank and look forward to all the detail painting that goes with it.

Good work and Great lookin B-6 you have !

~RafaeL~

Thanks all. Looking forward to a nice spring ride, after all this snow goes away.

nice work on the refurb. what's the plan for the seat? recycled leather jacket?

you might try running a piece of wire, like coat hanger through the valve hole to the hub to support the rim, less chance of nicking the paint, don't ask me how I know...

I do have a maroon leather jacket I haven't worn in 25 years, that may be a good seat cover. Good idea about the valve hole.

Love it!
When I have my battery charged I'll get a shot of the reflector and rack(6 hole correct?). It looks like someone may have hogged out the mounting for the reflector at some point on your rack.

Sharp bike man !!! I've got a similar straightbar I grabbed off "B607" on here. One of my favorite bikes. Colors are hard to beat on an old bike. Those bars look great too from here !!!

Thanks all. I have a reproduction tank on the way. The trick will be painting it so it blends in with the old paint.

Back