California ,The Shuttles all yours.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Watching TV this morning I saw the Shuttle waiting to take off, so I grabbed my cell phone and jump on the first bike I saw (my wifes ) went to the end of my street , This is what I saw ! Not very good pics. but it was the last time for a shuttle to leave here.
The last time i saw one it was much closer. Its huge .
008_zps3c60ff6e.jpg

021_zpsd456435b.jpg

023_zps9ed54036.jpg

I was working in Lompoc Ca today and watched it fly over head!!!! This is by far the coolest thing ive ever seen in the sky!!!!! Ive watched a few big rocket launches from Vandenberg AFB But the Shuttle was something I will never forget 8) :mrgreen:

I've watched one launch. It was amazing how the ground just shook everywhere. I was a little kid then but still remember that.

Yeah we are all still mad because we didn't get one....All we got was Houston We Have A Problem. :cry: :cry:
And one went to New York City....Get a rope!!!

Here's that picture I was talking about. I still can't believe she got this with a cell phone! She was on the West side of the Sacramento River (basically downtown Sacramento). I was at work but was able to see it from the roof. I was about two miles behind her when I saw it. But anyway, here's the shot.

photo-vi.png

mastronaut said:
I was privileged enough to see it LAUNCH when I lived on the Space Coast! There's something I wish everyone could've witnessed live...

Space Shuttle Endeavour launched at 4:14 am ET

endeavour-launch2-825x532_zps46974e4f.jpg

Beautiful shot. It's the end of an era.

mastronaut said:
I was privileged enough to see it LAUNCH when I lived on the Space Coast! There's something I wish everyone could've witnessed live...

Space Shuttle Endeavour launched at 4:14 am ET

endeavour-launch2-825x532_zps46974e4f.jpg

that is a fantastic photo! great job!

My 31 year old son was a baby lying in my lap sitting on the floor when the first launch went up. I was feeding him a bottle.
We (I) were watching it on TV.
When it rotated 180 onto it's back, I guess I was un-prepared like a lot of other people who did not know that was part of the launch.
scared me for the people on board.
the power was so tremendous even on TV, I was yelling GO, and some other words I won't type out here! :D
sadly some of my predictions about the flaws in basic design eventually came true, but the Shuttle Program, along with the Saturn 5 Moon trips, are, and will remain a source of national pride that no other county on earth can even come close to laying claim to.

Major Props to NASA and the USA!

jerrykr said:
mastronaut said:

that is a fantastic photo! great job!

My 31 year old son was a baby lying in my lap sitting on the floor when the first launch went up. I was feeding him a bottle.
We (I) were watching it on TV.
When it rotated 180 onto it's back, I guess I was un-prepared like a lot of other people who did not know that was part of the launch.
scared me for the people on board.
the power was so tremendous even on TV, I was yelling GO, and some other words I won't type out here! :D
sadly some of my predictions about the flaws in basic design eventually came true, but the Shuttle Program, along with the Saturn 5 Moon trips, are, and will remain a source of national pride that no other county on earth can even come close to laying claim to.
Major Props to NASA and the USA!

I'm not going to take credit for the photo although I was there for that particular launch.
I am grateful to have witnessed the awesome power and granduer of a lift off.
I'd even venture far enough to say it bordered a religeous experience.
There was a tear in my eye when we were "GO for MECO" (main engine cut off),
knowing they made it safely to orbit...

We stood outside at school watching the Challenger launch. Bad idea. Anyway, they renamed our school Challenger 7. We used to sit on my house and watch launches. Luckily they all went better than the Challenger

Latest posts

Back