Calling All PreWar Bike Experts! Who makes this Bicycle with Serial #'s on Seat Tube and Cranks Hole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dvRBVf.jpg

Any Ideas on the make of this bike frame?
I just got a Clinton 4 stroke A301 engine for this old motorbike

xIpWEO.jpg
AFQs1j.jpg

Would this bicycle have a tank?
It looks like it has 3 holes for a frame badge on the front of the head tube. 2 holes on the sides and 1 hole on the bottom for a badge.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

back in that era there were something like 100 companies making bicycles. you might be searching for a needle in a haystack.

3 holes could be iver but just a guess. post a pic of the head tube if you could.

It is in fact whats left of an Iver Johnson Mobicycle , check out my
wbo build "Iver The Terible" .
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/wbo-iver-the-terrible.89136/
I have found in my research on the bikes lately that the early Mobi's had 28" wheels and the later 30s had 26" and your bike appears to have wider stays than mine so I would guess you have a later bike. Their was a model known as "Super Mobicycle that had a tank though most did not.
Mark

Last edited:
I may be seeing the stays wrong as I was comparing our serial #s and
yours is earlier than mine so putting your bike as a 27/28.
Mark
Thanks!
Wow that's old!
I need to gather parts: chain guard, rear rack, fenders, frame badge, fenders and the bars (front end piece) that attach to the head tube, fenders, ETC.

Any idea where I can find parts?

I may be seeing the stays wrong as I was comparing our serial #s and
yours is earlier than mine so putting your bike as a 27/28.
Mark

Mark, do you think this bike should have 28" rims?
I want restore it the way it is as motorized bicycle but with period correct Iver Johnson parts.

Would 28" rims require longer forks, truss rods, ETC?

Please let me know about any parts you know of that are for sale.

nGryuD.jpg

This is how I got the bike, fresh out of the barn. I'm not using the Whizzer tank. I got an old Clinton 4 stroke motor that fits the plate at the base of the frame.

wWxHNz.jpg

Clinton 4 stroke motor that rotates freely and should be easy to get running soon.

Well I think before you get to far into this project you should make sure the frame is still sound enough to put on the road with that motor !
A lot of stress on fatigued steel at road speeds with a motor like that pushing it .
The Iver Jonhson bikes are a little tougher to find parts for and when you do they are spendy, I am still trying to find some of the same parts you'll need . Keep an eye on ebay for them .. If I don't beat you to them. :)
I still can't tell by the pics if you have a frame that had 28" wheels but I believe it should based on the serial # though the fork is for 26" its not an Iver fork .
Mark

I know the bike currently has 26" forks.
Was the bike originally supposed to have 28" rims?
Did Iver Johnson make a bike with 26" rims?
How do I measure to see what it is?

1st ?...possibly 2nd ?..Yes 3rd ?..best way is just measure the frame height at the seat tube as model 87m w/18 or 20" frame takes 28" wheels and model 18m w/16" frame takes 26" wheels.
Mark

Hey! Do you have any Iver Johnson parts?
I need a badge, forks, truss rods and fenders for a 28" Iver?

Kevin , I have a badge I may part with but it is not perfect having wear around the upper mount holes ! I am looking for a front fender and truss rods for mine, I cobbled Schwinn rods on mine for now till I find someone willing to sell me the correct ones. I think you'll find a lot of collectors out their but not to many willing to sell parts, that's what I have been finding anyway. A couple weeks back I found a rear fender missing the braces and I snatched it up so parts do turn up but don't expect it to happen quickly, just be persistent in your search and willing to pay up when you do find what you need ! I wish you luck finding the parts , you need it ! ;)
Mark

Kevin , I have a badge I may part with but it is not perfect having wear around the upper mount holes ! I am looking for a front fender and truss rods for mine, I cobbled Schwinn rods on mine for now till I find someone willing to sell me the correct ones. I think you'll find a lot of collectors out their but not to many willing to sell parts, that's what I have been finding anyway. A couple weeks back I found a rear fender missing the braces and I snatched it up so parts do turn up but don't expect it to happen quickly, just be persistent in your search and willing to pay up when you do find what you need ! I wish you luck finding the parts , you need it ! ;)
Mark

Thanks, Mark! I love your Iver bike!
How much to ship the badge and screws to 92508?

I found a complete 1928 Iver Johnson Mobicyle minus the seat, on Syracuse, NY Craigslist for $900.
https://syracuse.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=iver

Let's go in on it? :113:

I am thinking about just getting rain gutter fenders and using them. They look like Iver Johnson fenders? I like the messenger style handle bars. I need some close up pics of the Iver cranks too.

Kevin

Kevin I have to take off right now but I'll get you some pics later of the badge. I saw that add for the mobicycle, its to nice to part out but would be a decent investment if the seller will ship it to California.
My bike budget is pretty low at the moment to even think about it !
Mark

Hi Mark!
Please let me know how much to ship the Iver Johbson badge to 92508?
I want to keep the bike rusty and vintage.

Kevin
Kevin I have to take off right now but I'll get you some pics later of the badge. I saw that add for the mobicycle, its to nice to part out but would be a decent investment if the seller will ship it to California.
My bike budget is pretty low at the moment to even think about it !
Mark
ey Mark

Latest posts

Back