CAN PEOPLE PLEASE JUDGE MY TALL BIKE?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres some pics.

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

I DONT Judge other peoples' work.

I build all my bikes the way I LIKE THEM.

I Dont Give A Fat Frogs A** What Anybody Else Thinks!

I build these bikes for ME not for THEM.

If they dont like it,they can buy it from me for a way high price...then do what thay want to with it.

Looks good to me, of coarse I'd grind the top bike's remaining top tube nubs off and find some way to tie in the rear triangle somehow. Maybe a huge wheelie bar? :mrgreen:

Your funny magic rat, i like your mentality.

Outskirtscustoms, thanks for your input, i appreciate it. I was thinking about grinding the existing top tube nubs off, but then it would look too much like a chicks frame, so i decided to just leave them, maybe i should grind them down if it would look cleaner.

there was not flex once I welded the top bar on to support the whole seat tube once we cut the top tube. The only reason i left the rear triangle on is because i m still working on making a l.e.d. ferris wheel on the back that would spin with a dc motor and a gear on it and ran a chain to the gear on the wheel. I m an Electrician by trade so my intentions were to make this some type of light bike with my SEA ELECTRIC logo on it.

Oh and one more thing, i forgot to mention a wheelie bar. I have ended up with the 20 inch bmx wheel on front, now the rake of the bike makes it so i wont wheelie as easy. I have been getting wheelies down so i dont think im going to put a wheelie bar. I already looped it and landed flat on my feet doing a wheelie. Ill have to get a vid of me doing some mini wheelies on this thing

I would round the corners of that tensioner arm, you wouldn't want to get a inner thigh, ankle or body part caught on it.
Otherwise nice work. I like the step bar.

Do you like it? Does it make you laugh when you think about it? Is it fun to ride? Yes? Then it ROCKS!!!

I would be scared to ride myself, but I'm always afraid to fall off. :lol:

Looks cool though, good job, I'd say. 8)

Thanks for the input on the tensioner abe. I m in the process of buffing it out and rounding the corners.

jackdaw, Yes, i do love it, have a lot of fun on it and the skys the limit with it. Its an ongoing project. Im making a ferris wheel on the back for it now that turns from a dc motor and will have a chain to a gear with a hub and wheel on the back. The wheel will then be lit up with a bunch of cool led lights.

devil duckie, no nose bleeds yet, almost when i fell over though and the bike almost wacked me in the face

dude, I am sorry, the lord told me not to judge anything. so I can't help ya. I do like it though, but I am not into tall bikes. great job.

Outlaw :lol:

MagicRat said:
I DONT Judge other peoples' work.

I build all my bikes the way I LIKE THEM.

Like MagicRat said.

I like to see tall bikes ridden, but its to far for me to fall. I likem low to the ground, not so far to fall.

i appreciate all of your comments and feedback. Its cool to ride something you work real hard building. Thats the reward to see all of the ohs and aws. and people always stopping on the side of the road as i ride by to take a picture of my bike.

I like it. One of mine has the 20" up front to fix the wheelie problem as well. On your tensioner, whatrides against the chain? Looks like a skate wheel. Good work

Thanks, Its actually my old tensioner from my freeride/downhill bike i gutted the roller/bearing off of the aluminum mount and then fabricated a piece of steel to the size i needed. then drilled the one side just enough for the bolt to pass through for the roller and bearing. Then i drilled a hole in the middle to create the pivot effect off the middle bolt, then last i drilled the hole for the spring which pulls the roller into the chain creating the tension. The stiffer the spring, the stiffer the tension is on the chain.

I think it looks cool, been on the fence about building one of these myself for a while now, if it were mine the only thing I would do would be to lop off the whole rear chain stays that are just hanging way up there in the air and not doin anything. P.s. don't ever try to wheelie that thing, looks like it would summer salt out from under you sittin right above the rear wheel!! :D

Back