Can you guess what I'm up to? '57 chevy build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you guess what I'm up to?

Here is your first clue, Here is the chain guard I will be using. :mrgreen:

P7180120.jpg

Re: Can you guess what I'm up to?

57 Chevy trim on a cruiser build with DQ red color look.???? :mrgreen:
OH and your ordering fries with that too, that why you have Ketchup.!!!

'57 chevy build

:lol: It is a '57 Chevy inspired build.....I was trying to find something that wouldn't give it away and found "Heinz 57" in a Google image search. Some DQ does sound good though. :mrgreen: I'm thinking of going with the classic '57 Chevy red and white or the turquoise color. Haven't decided yet.

I really like the turquoise & white look of the 57. Evidently a lot of others did as well, because they sure sold a lot of em! I will be watching this build! 8)

Is it something like the Boyd Coddington 57 custom motorcyle he did or was that someone else that built that bike.. Might have been OCC... ???

Don't know if Boyd did one or not but I know OCC did one and Arlen Ness did one. I like Arlen's better.

Arlen Ness - Ness-stalgic
298184066_a851763f4c_z.jpg

The OCC Eyesore
PHOTO_13497652_29029_2557693_ap.jpg

Here's my ideas for the chain guard. The lines flow so close to the '57 Chevy I thought this would be perfect to build a bike around.
bellairguard.jpg

Peatbog said:
The front wheel on that OCC bike is pretty cool. The rest, not so much--stupid, in fact.

Yeah that is one thing I can say OCC always has someone else make nice wheels to go on their bikes. :mrgreen:

That o.c.c. 57 chevy build has to be the worst looking thing i have ever seen.
yeah the front wheel is cool, but it's modeled after a stock 57 chevy hubcap.
who , in their right mind would put that style of front wheel on a one off custom bike? It shoudl have been a 5 spoke mag wheel, like an american torque thrust or something.
The front wheel on that bike is the same as putting a set of pep boys wire wheel hubcaps on a hot rodded 32 ford in my opinion.
true, that front wheel is billet and probably wasn't easy to make, but man, is that bike ugly!

That OCC build is nasty! It looks like a transformer with amnesia. Apparently they chop up good ideas too.
outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah, seems kinda crazy, like me doing this to my VW :roll:
BADONKADONK.jpg
I'd take a 1st gen. rabbit jacked up that high. But not with stupid rims like that.

I saw onw when I lived near charlotte. It was parked at a garage. It was in original green paint but basically the shell car was set on top of a custom frame. It wasn't just jacked up. But it was 4 wheel drive and had 35" mudswamper tires. No idea what kind of engine was in it or if it even had one. Someone should do a vw build here. Build a bike that resembles a beetle, bus, ghia, whatever. It would be a good chance to use some vw parts in a build as well. I'm constantly seeing solex carbs on bikes. Why not go one step further?

That Arlen Ness motorcycle is so much better than the o.c.c. version. The o.c.c. version looks like they cut up a kids pedal car and slapped it on the front. I think a beetle motorcycle would be neat...It could even use a VW motor.

I think your '57 bike will be better worlds better than that o.c.c. thing. Good luck. I can't wait to see the finished result.

the distinctive '57 colors were tourquoise/white and bronze/cream. The others were pretty much standard colors IIRC.

the black cloth seat panels were a distinctive pattern too, and I'm sure pieces of that cloth are still available if you hit up an upholstery shop.

just a couple of thoughts from a guy whose first car was a tri-5 --- '55. Man, those were the days!

Another dubber! Wicked. Nice mk3 you got there. Is yours actually windsor? rare-ish color! Although, it cant stand up to the rarity of my watercooled vw.

Oh and, I like where this bike is going, cant wait to see what it turns out like!

Back