STBO Cargo drop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
I've been stumbling onto bikes a lot lately, one of my most recent is this ladies rollfast. I bought it for the skiptooth parts, so figured I'd join in this build off for kicks.
Guess I'll see if i can bring an image out of my head.
20240818_162016.jpg

Well. In order to get the drop part into the bike, I did a "simple chop" aka "LocoJoe" chop.
I cut the seat stays at the seat tube, then used a ratchet strap to pull the rear triangle up, henceforth lowering the bike.

For another bike im building, I tried my hand at making a KOTA fork, which I haven't done for several years. I messed up the first one, so I used it here for mock up.
I obviously won't be using this fork for this build, but it helps me visualize.

This is all I'm doing for today.
20240903_191909.jpg
20240903_191921.jpg
20240903_191927.jpg

Didn’t know that chop had a name here. My first c2 build was a woman’s huffy with that chop and a raked headtube!

Throwing parts to see what sticks.
Bent the original fork, now a 26" wheel won't fit. So, I added a 24". Might modify the truss rods to fit too.

This saddle, I've had for several years. I just never found anything to put it on, so cut and modified for this.

The sissy bar was part of the wheelie bar for J.C. Draggins. It doesn't line up to the axle with the short saddle.

And the fender just doesn't look right.

I don't know what, if any of this will stay. I just wanted to feel productive today.

20240907_134902.jpg

Latest posts

Back