Cars to Planes....Huffman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So I decided or shall I say I was convinced to sell my coveted Salt Flat racer logo'd Huffman Deluxe . Such a beautiful patina'd 50 Huffman Deluxe Western Flyer he was.
So, after this went down and also seeing Nickinators recent Huffy RadioBike he picked up last week I went in search mode for a replacement Huffman / Huffy.
Found this in my local CL listings yesterday.
Took it home knowing it needs some help to get it rideable again.
Very nice colors ( except or the fenders being really faded) and the graphics of the jetliner are amazing.
This is a 1957 Huffy Custom liner. Not the super deluxe with the springer fork but at least it has truss rods.
Damaged rear spokes ( weird looking, almost non chromed rims??), wrong seat, grips, damaged pedal, incorrect fender light and both rear wheel adjusters are missing.
But overall it being less than the asking price of $200, I think it was good buy. Lots of work to do on this middleweight before it is rideable. Would like to replace the faded peaked fenders with nicer flamboyant red color OG ones. Missing the rear reflector too.

Here what I let go.....sellers remorse hasn't set in yet.
50 Huffman Deluxe

hase9yza.jpg

Now this new 1957 Huffman / Huffy Customliner project

te5e4y9y.jpg

yjepe6uh.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They are both very appealing bikes with great graphics.
I would have a tough time choosing only one if I had to.
The one with the brighter original paint will bring more interest when the next one comes along though.
Nice finds jd.

Latest posts

Back