Chop's House of Speed and Style...New Bars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, I am giving it to a 12 year old for the holidays.

meanwhile....Starting mock-up on the "Invalid" trike....not going well. 1" stem doesn't fit 7/8" headset. Cranks rub on the ground and I'm going to have to chop the seat post apart to get it 6" farther back to where I want it. *sigh....1 step forward and 3 feet back

if you use a regular chain wheel and transplant a kids bike crank it is technically "raising " the pedals. i had to do that on my ratbike cuz they were hitting the ground. its been working fine now for like 4 years of riding pleasure :wink:

Spent some time in the shop today. I was hoping for a full mock up before tearing it down for P&P but the wrong sized cones on the crank assembly hindered the progress. Opionions so far?
9181_471569736233595_193201787_n.jpg

i agree with luke! white walls would look nice. or maybe redwalls? hmmmmm???
only thing im not sure about is the seat post & seat ?
love the whole flow of the bike though. you do great work :shock:

I have already remedied the seat post ordeal. I just couldn't get it to look right. I ended up tucking the whole thing up into the seat pan. Instead of running rear whites I was thinking of a 24" slcik in the front to match the 20s in the rear.

Final mock up before it goes back on the welding table and for final paint. Still going to change the front tire out...just havent found one I liked yet.

44653_472514609472441_2037804777_n.jpg

Finished welding up the frame on the Invalid. Finished the sissy bar and reworked the front fork to get rid of the slop and get the wicked headlight mounted.

399294_475538155836753_1663609334_n.jpg

that is a sweet headlight!
what is it? whered ya get it? can ya shoot a few more pics of it? :shock:

Picked up a Sears Spaceliner today....Pretty rough but straight. Most of the parts are there, even some of the highly breakable and highly needed parts. Not sure what I will do with it or where to even put it.

the"Invalid"s final mock up before tear down for paint and polish. I know I have said that before but with the springer front end the bike sat wrong. Unfortunatly with the chopper fork I didnt like it either. I ended up cutting the frame in 3 more places and moving some tubes around to get the flat level of the chainstays where I wanted and still have the fork where it needs to be. I have a pair of 7/8" swept back bars I might change out the apes for....and I need to finish the bracket for the headlight.

there is a lot of body work to do though....
282920_485074031549832_1437682577_n.jpg

Back