Chpcycle the build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike rides great! As mentioned both rear wheels pull by the chain off the jack shaft. The derailer and 7 sproket rear end all work for a nice 5 speed rearend for smooth transitions up and down hills. It operates off of the 5 center sprockets. We geared it low so it would climb hills with ease. Most of the time I ride it in 3rd gear. It is very comfortable to ride even though the seat hight is low. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Wow very nice, do you know where i can get a new rear fender for a spoiler, thanks for any help. Sulley

I will be putting on a bike show and swap meet March 24, 2012 in Cleveland TN. just 15 minutes north of Chattanooga TN on I-75. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Be sure to watch the events page for upsdates and hope to see you there!!!!!!!

Awesome, That jackshaft gives me an idea I want to incorporate into my bike hauler build...If I ever start it. But have a chain going to each wheel so I'd have a reverse gear to back up.

Hi,

First of all, great build.
Been around cars abit in my life this build puts a wonder in my brain,
how well does it turn? I meen if both rear wheels are driven by the pedals, wouldnt
one get a problem i.e. turning right the left wheel needs to rotate faster than the right
one or? If that was understandable :)

Regards

If it works like that it would be great but i cant see how it could as its "direct-driven" by pedals and chain (feels a lack of english knowledge here :) ) It seems to me that the speed of the both rear wheels will always be constant? Or am i missing something here?

excellent job,im normally not a fan of trikes but this is perfect.im interested on your method with the disc brakes too.that would be a bad ... chopper with one tire too.

Back