Christmas present from the wife.. slight update.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
corrrect me if i am wrong but in reality arn't the later trucks more rare? i heard this from a collector once. although i know 47 trucks are really rare something like 2500 were made. both great makes me want to get another one this time more stock :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
corrrect me if i am wrong but in reality arn't the later trucks more rare? i heard this from a collector once. although i know 47 trucks are really rare something like 2500 were made. both great makes me want to get another one this time more stock :mrgreen:

I think you're on to something here.. Based on the "mobility mentality" of the 60's, and the fact that most deliveries were now being done by motorized vehicle (inclusive of mail delivery), the number in use declined on up through the end. No defining "end" of production, but the last year they were in the catalogs was '67. On that end, I am VERY lucky to have a March of '67 one sitting here.. on the other end, I have been working to compile a database of pre-fire (8/18/48) serial numbers for both Cycle-Trucks and regular production bikes. With that thought in mind - I am also VERY lucky to have what at this point in time, is the earliest '39 CT on this list. It would be nice to get some more documented numbers, as I would love to see where the pre-fire numbers stopped, and when production of the CTs began again after the end of the war. I'd also like to see the year splits where I can, but that is probably something that will never be quite clear.

I have a group of other ones besides the '39 - two are late '40s models - one that is post-fire and the other is before. Four of them are '50s, and four are '60s. Not all are rideable and complete, but I should have a frame or two left over...

The problem is where to keep them all. four of them take as much room as a dozen other bikes! :shock:

rat royale said:
The problem is where to keep them all. four of them take as much room as a dozen other bikes! :shock:

I could store a couple for you. :wink:

Back