Columbia Push Button Bell Tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked this up for $40 shipped on fleabay today. The seller said the bell works perfectly.
I plan to take the bell from this and put it in my Firebolt tank (if it fits?) to make the firebolt 100% complete.
I think this will fit on a firebolt frame as well, so maybe I will throw it on my other firebolt frame that doesn't have a tank.

columbiatank.jpg

Do you like how loud that bell is?
That was a good price with the top trim piece too.
I have the same tank and was thinking about trying it on my Firebolt.

kingfish254 said:
Do you like how loud that bell is?
That was a good price with the top trim piece too.
I have the same tank and was thinking about trying it on my Firebolt.

I haven't heard the bell sound yet. I just won the auction this morning and the Firebolt I have with the original tank is missing the bell.

I'm pretty sure that one could work on a Boys or Girls. I've seen both bikes. I'll try to find pictures.

Toeslider said:
I have one like that too, its cool because the bell doesn't ring until you release the button. Do you know if its for a boys or girls bike?

The front of the tank on a girl’s bike slopes more forward than the boys due to the sloping top tube on a girl’s frame. I’ve thought about using that “style” tank on my balloon tire Newsboy project. I think the boy’s version would work. I’ll be curious to see how yours fits when you get it. Hopefully it will work with no problem!

Terry66 said:
The front of the tank on a girl’s bike slopes more forward than the boys due to the sloping top tube on a girl’s frame. I’ve thought about using that “style” tank on my balloon tire Newsboy project. I think the boy’s version would work. I’ll be curious to see how yours fits when you get it. Hopefully it will work with no problem!

Thanks,
I Hope it works, but if it doesn't, at least I have a bell for my Firebolt Tank. Which was muy #1 priority.
If the bell doesn't fit my firebolt tank, I should be able to re-sell it.

The Tank does not fit the Firebolt. The Bell also will not fit without some sort of spacers. As it sits now in the firebolt tank the plunger gets jammed, but I am fairly certain I can make it work.
Time will tell.

Don't know if this will help on the positioning of the bell. Here are a couple of shots of the bell that was in the tank that I traded for Firewing.
Comparing the bell picture below with the bell that I have in my ladies tank like yours, the look identical and the bracket looks exactly the same. Good luck!

TOP VIEW
IMG_8800.jpg

BOTTOM VIEW
IMG_8801.jpg

BELL
IMG_8786.jpg

Latest posts

Back