Columbia Rambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Got this amazing Columbia Rambler yesterday.
This bike is very well preserved. The rust is very minimal which is unusual here in Alabama. The only bad thing about it is the fenders have some pretty substantial dents in them. It has new departure hubs front and back.

The best part is that my wife really likes the looks of it. I'll just have to make sure to avoid any hills when I get her to ride it for the first time! :D

All that I've done to it is dust it off and let the saddle down a few inches...
100_5894_zps1b40e419.jpg

Nice bike. as for the sand bag thing, if you get your hands on one take the fender off the bike and put it pai t down o the bag and gently tap on the dents slowly working the dents out, its a good idea to get a spare cenxer to practice on.and make sure the metals on the warm side so its easier to work

77XLT said:
A sandbag and a ball peen hammer will take out those dents.

That's a good idea, I can't make it much worse. I've got some lead shot bags in my scuba diving gear that would probably work good.

CCR said:
Bike looks nice and slick RM, if you ever wanted a reason to wear a skirt, now you've got one :lol:

I think I'll leave the skirts to my wife, I'm certain that she looks much better in them. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). :roll: :lol:

Latest posts

Back