Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to it. My plans are to do a full radical build to the Shelby Airflow in my avatar. I'm thinking of chopping and stretching it plus doing some trick metal work to the tank with some Stromberg 97 carburetors welded on. I also have some big ideas involving flamethrowers and LED underglow lighting. If I get it all cut up and can't seem to get the pieces back together, my plan B will be to turn my Hawthorne Flocycle into a Burrito.
It should be fun.....

Dibs on the leftover parts!! :crazy:

I'm looking forward to it. My plans are to do a full radical build to the Shelby Airflow in my avatar. I'm thinking of chopping and stretching it plus doing some trick metal work to the tank with some Stromberg 97 carburetors welded on. I also have some big ideas involving flamethrowers and LED underglow lighting. If I get it all cut up and can't seem to get the pieces back together, my plan B will be to turn my Hawthorne Flocycle into a Burrito.
It should be fun.....
Boring.
What else ya got?

How about if I graft the Flocycle to my Wingbar?
"WingFlo 9"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Still not cool enough. Use your Bubble Boy technique to make a giant hamster ball to ride WingFlo in.

I'm going to build a bike for my wife. Since I joined, the beginning of last year, I've created a bike for my youngest daughter, myself and just finished a muscle bike for my son. It's her turn. I have a couple to choice from, but maybe one will come along w/ cooler components on it.

you can use your waterjet to make a matching tank insert. Maybe even matching wheels?

Not sure what Im going to do this year, guess it will depend what I haven't started yet when the build off comes around. I have a few choices, 20 inch firestone cruiser, the girls buzz bike, 24 inch mens rollfast, 46 mens fat tube schwinn,undated schwinn autocycle

If i can collect all the parts i need in time
i want to build a sears flightliner using the sharkruiser hot wheels for the initial design inspiration
32_zpsb2fc4421.jpg

if not i have two designs using ladies bikes for my backup plans

I have yet to get into the big buildoff. Usually there is a lot going on that time of year. But in November I changed careers and am now off on weekends, so I hope to get in this time. I have loads of ideas. The problem is narrowing it down and keeping ideas separate long enough to move in one direction. I would likely be in the anything goes category, but I guess it just depends on which idea I go with.

Not sure about #9. Need to downsize in lieu of building another bike. Did run across a few things today, a turbine, lighting and basics for headlamp. Will need to find a frame or rebuild something in the shop if I jump in. Hopefully no May hail this year.

If i can collect all the parts i need in time
i want to build a sears flightliner using the sharkruiser hot wheels for the initial design inspiration
32_zpsb2fc4421.jpg

if not i have two designs using ladies bikes for my backup plans

Looking forward to the Sharkliner!

I'm still draggin' on the Winter Buildoff... I seen pics of a couple off you guys' big o' bike scrap piles, and I wonder what I can do with the few odd junkers I got... Of course I got a couple things I still wanna build... Gravity bike... Woody... Tall bike... and the 36' with the messed up frame that introduced me to this forum in the first place is still waiting for me to get on it. So even tho I got no idea what I'm doin'....I'm probably in.

Carl. :headbang:

Actually we are not going on the trip and that is why I wont be joining, it is just too cold and wet here that time of year and I work outside...

Luke.
I may be in, got plans to build a shed/workshop, if I can get that done, I'm in! Already got the bike fully planned, all the parts I need and just need to buy some steel... :113:

Luke.

I feel like since the first one I participated in, I'm always going to be in. There is the problem of "one more bike" cluttering the shop, but I have 1 bike already cluttering the shop that needs to get a new lease on life. I've got ideas and parts.

Latest posts

Back