Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Sweet!!!! I love those forks!!!
Use the Image link button on the toolbar to insert pics
2012-09-24200531_zpsf7a77b2e.jpg

Im thinkin it would be a LiL less Confusing for folks if we added a hash mark in the Middle .

Like So > BO~NINE !

~RafaeL~

I kinda like the confusing aspect of a made-up word like BONINE, but BO~NINE does look cooler.

I like the way that bike is looking Drac!

Luke.
I have another 24 x 3.0 Kenda Flame tire that I will use like I have on my Ratted out Huffy. Just haven't made a choice about the front tire yet. Right now it has a 20 x 2.35 on the rim that I will be using. I could use a 20 x 3.0 Kenda Flame tire up front also, but would that fit the theme of an XL Stingray (Krate)?

I don't know that I can wait 'til May on this one. When the bug bites is when you start scratching. I think I will have to find something else in my Treasure Trove of Frames and Parts for BO~NINE.

I think I'm in. Most likely I'll be building the Rollfast I picked up on Labor Day at the BlackHawk Motorcycle Meet here in Davenport.

Depending how my van goes along I might sit this upcoming year out for the build off. If not I have a plan to really make everyone guess...

I was cruising the interweb looking for some inspiration and found this. :rockout:

1950 Mercury with a 1950 Buick grill. Kind of reminds me of my Firestone with all it's different parts. I think I gotta good name for this one, but y'all are gonna have to wait to hear it...:p

Let the hoarding begi...no wait o_O Let the scavenging be... Arghh.
Let the collecting begin! :) Yeah Collecting, that's what I'm doin'
I'm a collector yeah...

Merle.

I was cruising the interweb looking for some inspiration and found this. :rockout:

1950 Mercury with a 1950 Buick grill. Kind of reminds me of my Firestone with all it's different parts. I think I gotta good name for this one, but y'all are gonna have to wait to hear it...:p

I think they call that a Fredsel. Only 81 days to go.

I'm watching the Walking Dead, and was just wondering how to go about building a zombie themed bike without being too campy. How about corroded tubes to the point of being eaten thru? How do you get that look and still be structural? Smaller stronger tubes inside, like bones? I can visualize it but I'm not sure I'm the builder that could do it... Metal zombie, rust and corrosion...

Carl.

I'm watching the Walking Dead, and was just wondering how to go about building a zombie themed bike without being too campy. How about corroded tubes to the point of being eaten thru? How do you get that look and still be structural? Smaller stronger tubes inside, like bones? I can visualize it but I'm not sure I'm the builder that could do it... Metal zombie, rust and corrosion...

Carl.
That is a tough one... you could cut the tubes where you want to rust out the tubing and weld a insert tube inside with plug welding to hold that tube in place. But how to create the rusted area I don't know how you could do it easily.

Carl.

Maybe you don't have to, make a false tank for the frame and rust it to the point of being eaten away so it's not a structural piece. creates the look you're after but keeps everything safe to ride.

Back