>>>Croc Cycles Hot Rod, Episode: Paint Stripped

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Schwinn Big Chopper

Awesome. Looks like a Spaceliner from the side.that came a long way from what it was. Can't wait to see it finished.

Coppertone would look great on that. You could run a hub that has no offset with those tires. I originally used a Bendix yellow band 2 speed with the wheel/tire combo I had but was to lazy to do the math to use offset spokes(I guess it'd be called dish) and didn't want 1/4" of washers to center everything....so it was easier to give up my hub and lace that in.
Looking forward to seeing more. :mrgreen:
Oh and be aware the next bike you do will probably be in the scratch built section!

dude i love Coppertone rays.. that would look Awesome!

i have a 'coppertone' 2spd ray but someone Defiled it with a poor blue rattler :(

This build is awesome to follow!!
Lovin' every bit of it!!!

Wow...lots of progress I've missed! :shock:

The frame looks great, Peatbog! :D I really like the flow of the frame with the fender and staggered wheel sizes 8)

Check out Rustoleum Metal Flaked blue, that's what I painted my Ray with :wink:
001-2.jpg

Awesome build Peatbog 8) ....it has hot rod written all over it.

Peatbog said:
Ha! When I scrolled down and saw that, it cracked me up.

I like the Hot Rod name, sleepy. So now it is the Hot Rod Chopper, not the Big Chopper.

You should name it the SchwinnRay!! :shock:

Never mind...I'm gonna build a bike and name it that :lol:

Re: Croc Cycles Hot Rod Chopper

Here are some shoes for your Croc Cycle
Bunny-in-a-Croc.jpg

Your bikes go a great stance!
Glad you're paying attention to the details
I like the name too
I'm sure there will be lots more styling coming
Looking forward to it...

i may have found a girl stingray 'fairlady' i have plans to chopp her up..
weld the front end on to one of my guy-rays and put a bottom bracket in the front, but im not sure if i want to modify a stingray frame <:0

you guys ever have trouble modifying classics?

i mean it would look cool and all but i may have to cut the head tube off the stingray to attach the lady front end. enlonging the headtube making it some what of a 'goose neck'

just i donno.. its this stingray im gonna make a lill motor cycle to ride to school an around town..

Re: >>>Croc Cycles Hot Rod-Episode: Shrink the Chainguard

As Homer Simpson would say... Doh!!! :roll:
Nice work though, thought about making it dual drive? You are basically halfway there already! :mrgreen:

Luke.

Nice work even though it's messed up :wink:

You could really have fun with that at a swap meet. Imagine someone buying it,
and getting home and wondering what the heck it went to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peatbog said:
Today's episode: Shrinking the Over-sized Chainguard.

So then I bent a piece of aluminum for the top and front edges, welded it on, sanded and filed the welded corner so it had a nice radius, and I had this:

66_zps0a4e55c1.jpg

Then I noticed I had made a chainguard for left-hand drive. Man, I hate it when that happens.

Join us soon for the next episode: Making Another Chainguard to Replace the One I Just Screwed Up.

You should just trim that to fit the back side (if any at all) and just add another panel to the front. Double sided chainguards are cool!

Back