Cruiser for my Girl. Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!............Glad you're HERE to share your skills!

Oh, I must have missed to check this one out after you'd finished it... This bike turned out looking really good! :) Great job!

Two more pair of vise grips in that second picture and it would have been finished enough for me. But I really like the way you finished it up. That's a very cool ride. Nice.

Cheers Guys!

Three months on and Rei is still riding the thing every day. People regularly stop their cars to ask where she got her bike! Pretty stoked with that! Gotta say thanks to all here for the inspiration.

great looking bike. I wish I had that skill

Family-Guy--Freakin-Sweet-Magnet-C1.jpg

It was hard to get past that first pic... My first words there were, "Oh Wow!"

I like the idea that if you destroy a chain its as easy as taking the wheel off and replace, no removing any links!!!! cool bike.

Wow! Thanks all for the kind words!

Wildcat: The grips were turned up on a lathe, so easy matter of putting a woodbit in the tailstock and drilling them to the required depth. Was really happy with the way these came out! They're made from Rimu, a really nice NZ native timber, with a light stain to prevent obscuring the grain, and then hit with a couple coats of varnish to protect them. A big gloop of RTV (silicone sealant) was squeezed into them and then they were pushed onto the bars and left to set overnight - seem to be stuck pretty good.

One of my pet hates is the fact that conventional thinking deems that the bottom bracket must be the lowest point of a bike. My hotrodder's way of thinking says that this is not low enough! - Hence the bottom bracket up the seat-tube design of this thing. Although still not low enough to my eye! (see my new chopper build (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14624) where if you get a flat tyre, you're on the deck! Sweet!)

Again, thanks for all the ego-boosting comments!!! :D

Latest posts

Back