current halloween build, new photos 8-20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im building this guillotine for a freinds halloween display. for safety reasons there are no moving parts. the main frame in the middle is two (very nearly) identical rectangular main frames that have the 'blade' and 'head board' sandwiched between them. spacers of the same width are placed between the two main frames for structural integrity. the A-frames on the sides are detachable so that the 3 disassembled peices can lay flat for storage. it is 7 feet tall and the longest 'feet' at the bottom of the A-frames are 7 foot long. its about 70% done right now, needs a lil more wood work, finishing, then finally painting. i plan to have a halloween themed bike built for the display also. except for one peice of wood plank all of the 1 xs and brackets were peices left over from previous projects. so far not a bad piece of carpentry if i do say so myself!
fast eddie outty
guillotine33.jpg

guillotine23.jpg

guillotine13.jpg

Re: current halloween build...

That thing is going to look SOOO real when your done! ....Leave it in your driveway when your finished with a sign that says: "TRESSPASSERS beware, I don't call the police". :shock:

right on!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i dont know if ya can tell, but i cut and added some gusset-type peices to some of the joints in the a-frames that hold up the guillotine, the 2nd pic is final mock up. i dropped it off at its proud new owners house tonight. when she gets done painting it ill post more pics. i dont remember if i mentioned this, but the wood for this came from a phone booth i built for my teams display at a red bull soap box derby event in st louis a few years ago. went to good use i think!
fast eddie outty
guillotine53.jpg

guillotine63.jpg

Latest posts

Back