Dayton-Columbia, as close to done as it will ever be.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Girls frame as seat tube?

• No, too busy.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Yeah! Get crazy.

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
I like the trophy topper on the front, not sure on the plane at the back, bugs me that it is facing the wrong way...

Luke.

That might be what's bugging me. I'll try flipping it around.

Did some more work on this guy today, in anticipation of bringing it to OBC this weekend. The repaint job on the front half of the frame has been bothering me, as it's too bright and new compared to the patina of the rest. I didn't have time today, so I just gave it a 10 minute down and dirty wire wheel removal to dull it down to match the rest of the bike. I also flipped around the hood ornament on the back, drilling a new hole or two. The rear fender is Swiss cheese from all the holes I've drilled in it with all of the configurations I've tried, so I took some old plaques from some trophies, along with an old bike license tag and some construction warning tags, and double sided taped them as junk plaques all over the fender. It came out okay. Kind of funky cool, I guess. I'm not 100% happy with the ornament placement, but any further forward, and it will interfere with the bag on the saddle.

IMG_4257_zpsxciylmng.jpg

IMG_4256_zpsx9jrkezi.jpg

IMG_4258_zpsoaqhxcax.jpg

IMG_4259_zpshzue6ynt.jpg

IMG_4260_zpsfafvul90.jpg

Super rat masterpiece right there!!
You truly are a master of the bike medium.

The Dayton/Columbia has been winning trophies to every show that I take it to, but I'm still not 100% happy with it. The winged ornament looked weird on the back, but I wanted that winged wheel on the front. The trophy plaques on the rear fender looked okay, but not great. Today, in anticipation of taking it to Shiny Side Up this weekend, I took a few hours to swap some things out, and I'm digging it much better.

Took off the headlight bracket, which allowed me to move the winged wheel up, making way for the winged ornament in front, where it should be. Then I put some new fun things on the rear fender, including a Cadillac emblem, another hood ornament, and the Dayton head badge.
IMG_4629_zps6vx7wpu9.jpg

IMG_4624_zpsuh82czqj.jpg

IMG_4625_zpstbgusrnp.jpg

IMG_4626_zps77dzj9id.jpg

IMG_4627_zpsc3ltmp8k.jpg

IMG_4628_zpssu75ekqp.jpg

I know we're not supposed to discuss what defines a "rat rod bike", :rolleyes: but this is the epitome of "rat rod bike". You really out do yourself build after build.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back