Dead Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well its not real ratty, but it works for me. It is a Mongoose ATB with some original Grateful dead bones decals from a gary fisher special edition bike. Here's some before and after shots.

019.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

013-1.jpg

mongoose011.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
bikejunkie said:
hey did you happen to save those original stickers that were on there?
+1

That's a Negative Ghost Rider. I tried to save them but they were in poor shape, the Mongoose sticker was wrapped all the way around and ripped into pieces. :cry:

Probably won't find another bike like this , I think it turned out pretty nice. I am still searching for a set of tan gumwall tires to finish it off.

Thanks All,

thats hella awesome I searched for years for a GD Gary Fisher hookooekoo then found one 4 blocks over.

My uncle has one of these Mongooses sittin in his basement back in Maine.All chrome and lookin brand new.Hes only ridden it a few times and wants to give it to me!I live in California and shipping should only be about $900 dollars!!!!haha.

Very nice!!!! Love those Pro Class wheels. I would have scored one like that a while back from a local Goodwill for $19.99, but it had a sold tag on it. :(

I'll trade you the Softride stem you wanted for those wheels! :lol:

I'm jealous; gotta get one of those ATBs someday.

Where did you get the decal set? That Fisher is a lower end bike but is very desirable because of those decals.

Hey DADDYAR that sounds like quiter talk!! I would have relocated that sold tag onto the black velvet bull fighting picture that was sittin next to it!!

bikejunkie said:
My uncle has one of these Mongooses sittin in his basement back in Maine.All chrome and lookin brand new.Hes only ridden it a few times and wants to give it to me!I live in California and shipping should only be about $900 dollars!!!!haha.

You'd be suprised...shipping might not be that bad. Have a bike shop pack it up & send it via Greyhound.

RAINDOG,yeah Im saving up some $$ right now to ship it back over here.I cant wait to get a hold of it!!! I really like the OG mtbs.I have a Schwinn High Sierra thats been beggin to get rebuilt sittin on the side of my house.

Back