Deady LongLegs - Stick a Fork In It

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would happen if a bike designed in Canada, made somewhere in Asia, was modified in the style of a British tourer, like a Raleigh.
Not going to lie, I had to read that through more than once to understand... :21:

Not going to lie, I had to read that through more than once to understand... :21:
Me too. Don't worry. Jude kinda explained it in another thread.
My English 3 speed will have some aggressive tires, hybrid/MTB type deal…. But will be designed more for distance and carrying as opposed to speed and jumps
Like that, but the other direction.
"My Asian made Canadian will have some blah blah blah type deal... But will be designed for yada yada yada as opposed to whatever and something or other though"

i don't think the concept is too important here, I am just building a bike I can ride really far down almost any road

Last edited:
Me too. Don't worry. Judge kinda explained it in another thread.

"My Asian made Canadian will have some blah blah blah type deal... But will be designed for yada yada yada as opposed to whatever as opposed to something or other though"

i don't think the concept is too important here, I am just building a bike I can ride really far down almost any road
Ah right, a bike for far 'down' almost any road, so brakes are really essential.

I did a complete tear down, clean, and rebuild, plus a polish with autosol to keep y'all happy You should hear the sweet little clicks, it's ASMR magic for Matti View attachment 230111
Um, did I mention that I have two sets? I also scored a nos set of XT thumbs from the same guy. Ask Ingola if I was giddyView attachment 230112View attachment 230109View attachment 230110
download (7).jpeg

Real photo
Nice use of the autosol

Me too. Don't worry. Judge kinda explained it in another thread.

"My Asian made Canadian will have some blah blah blah type deal... But will be designed for yada yada yada as opposed to whatever as opposed to something or other though"

.... or on a dirt trail....

Matti, you could probably sell those Shimano Deerhead thumbies to a member of the Vintage Mountain Bike Collectors Society on fb and use the money to buy anything you want for this build. Seriously. :nod:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/927406034014215
I'm a member, but don't hang out here too much. Any group with the word 'Society' in their name is too hoity-toity for me.

Matti, you could probably sell those Shimano Deerhead thumbies to a member of the Vintage Mountain Bike Collectors Society on fb and use the money to buy anything you want for this build
Then I won't mention what I paid 😆
I need to talk to a guy, might have a lead on a matching pair of derailleurs

Then I won't mention what I paid 😆
I need to talk to a guy, might have a lead on a matching pair of derailleurs
We dig hard enough I bet we can find a few more sets there probably the whole set. Don't mention you have another set. I did find a pretty good honey hole

I found an unused set of alloy rims and casette in that honey hole too
193467-IMG-20220513-153943457-HDR.jpg
193468-IMG-20220513-153952294-HDR.jpg

They're so new and shiny that I am hesitant to use my usual rim strip method, using electrical tape.
I have a few tire choices, pretty sure 1.75 is the size I'll be using. I can't decide if I want the old tan wall look, or if I should go with all black.

I found an unused set of alloy rims and casette in that honey hole tooView attachment 230829View attachment 230830
They're so new and shiny that I am hesitant to use my usual rim strip method, using electrical tape.
I have a few tire choices, pretty sure 1.75 is the size I'll be using. I can't decide if I want the old tan wall look, or if I should go with all black.
No electrical tape I have lots

No electrical tape I have lots
Hahaha my extortion plan worked!
Remember when I found those wheels? Think I was even more excited than the shifters! He was putting them together for me, giving me a free lesson in the process, and I couldn't even stand still long enough to absorb anything
depositphotos_14003468-stock-illustration-cartoon-boy-bouncing-off-the~2.jpg

As you can see, I have some tire choices
IMG_20230505_130149973.jpg
IMG_20230505_130218948.jpg

I bought the Michelins specifically for this bike, and they're the highest quality, so it's likely that they're the ones. However, I found ol' grandpapa's tanwalls in the trash, and they'd be perfect for the look I'm after. And those Bells have what look like the fastest tread. I think all are 1.75s

Back