Deady LongLegs - Stick a Fork In It

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Now that you've gotten me naked, just what do you plan to do to me, Mr Thundrrr?"
IMG_20230506_141956922.jpg

"I am not sure. I've never gotten this far before*”
I don't wanna take out the BB, but the boss says I should. It's Tange, working beyond perfectly, but has never been serviced. In 35 years. Boss says I should upgrade to a sealed unit as well, but I don't think that's necessary.

*Is this starting to feel like a Meatloaf song? We'll find paradise eventually, but that dashboard light burned out years ago

I don't wanna take out the BB, but the boss says I should. It's Tange, working beyond perfectly, but has never been serviced. In 35 years. Boss says I should upgrade to a sealed unit as well, but I don't think that's necessary.

*Is this starting to feel like a Meatloaf song? We'll find paradise eventually, but that dashboard light burned out years ago
I’m having a hard time taking mine out. It may have to be an upgrade down the road. Just going to tape it up and get to painting. Good luck with yours!

Tange is good but we'll pay 5 bucks for a dam fine Shimano had we not had that kind of supply I'd say keep what you have but clean it

Spent five hours cleaning up the frame. Threw everything at it, blades, goo gone, simple green, wd 40 and synthetic steel wool, dawn, and scrubbing. Lots of scrubbing
IMG_20230522_115524514.jpg
IMG_20230522_120444615.jpg
Stealth mode engaged!
IMG_20230522_142857088.jpg

Knocking 30 years of shelf grime off a brand new wheelset was fun
IMG_20230522_145610610.jpg

Now just need to polish and I can start throwing things together. Matti's hands are tired, but don't worry, he's got a secret weapon
IMG_20230522_161104653.jpg

Back