"Death proof" JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This will be the second bike I build but first time posting pics of the build. The bike is a JC Higgins that I picked up for $50 although the price was cheap I had to drive almost 9hrs to pick it up. I conned my wife into taking the day off work with me & take a drive to the southern part of Illinois (we are in Chicago). Long story short I was so excited to pick up this bike I drove like a bat out of heck to get back home, hence the name "Death Proof", like the movie. I will be building it with the theme of the flat black nova with the little duck on the hood. These are pictures of the bike when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't take the head badge off when I painted it because the last bike I built I damaged it trying to take it off. And I didn't want to repeat it on this one because it is almost perfect.

Got these nexus 3 speed rims that I was gonna use for another build but I got an idea for a shifter on this.

Was gonna build a tank with louvers in it but then I remembered I had this shifter and it fills the space pretty good I think.

The only problem is the cable is too short but I can just get a longer one but I like the way the white looks against the flat black paint.

When I took the parts in to get chromed I noticed the guy only polished one side really good. It didn't matter to me because I figured as long as the nice side is the part that shows thats all I cared about. But when I started putting the parts together guess what, the nice part wasn't on the outside. Something I shoulda mentioned to him. But now I know. And I'm sure he'll fix it for me. I'm just gonna wait till next winter for that because I wanna ride.

Back