debo's boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building this bike for a good friend of mine i will start off with a huffy cranbrook, as many of you now you can get these bikes @ wallyworld for 80$ that's cheaper than a used beach cruiser and the rims are rad with the beefy spokes ! I will be using 1 inch 0.95 mild steel for the frame i will use the triangle, bottom bracket ,and the head tube, we will use the handlebars,neck,cranks pedals as well ,the pic below shows the only bend that must be done with a hydraulic bender because thats the only way i know how to, my local steel yard dose this bend for me but costs 25$ to do it. if any one knows a nother way pleas let me know
IMG_20101211_131345.jpg

the bottom bracket all cleaned up and the seat stays pulled up 2 inches
IMG_20101211_171153.jpg

at this point the last bend was made all the joints were mitered measurements were double checked then i tacked all up,then i put it back on the jig then took it of the jig because it was way to raked out after the fourth try i was happy with the rake
IMG_20101211_185725.jpg

here she is all tacked up and ready weld. usually i like the seat stay to be straight with no curve but i guess it doesnt look to bad,tomorrow i will do the tank,tank straps,and filler neck/or bung ,whatever its called the tank will be a simple tank like a harley pea shooter. some emblem bikes had the same style tank as well.
IMG_20101211_222944.jpg

That frame is lookin good. Nice setup on the jig btw looks like you have a lot of room to work too.

thanks man i do love the style of a boardtracker. for me its cheaper to build these bikes than to buy a project bike, around here you pay out the teeth for something cool :x

i didnt get much done today, i was out most of the day trying to find sheet metal wich is hard on a sunday but i found some and i picked up a sweet weld in fuel sight gauge! we might might put a engine on later
1292203848591.jpg

Dash, are you gonna lay the seat back more over the rear tire? I ask this cause the in the picture it looks like the botom bracket is gonna be way under under the seat and could make for some very awkward peddling. The frame mod looks great though! :wink:

I like how you go for the extra efforts to make something stand out as your own build 8) .

The seat will be over the back wheel I would show a pic but my pc is freking out right now but I did post on this form stolen boardtracker and I have one in the for sale section

Beau said:
What did you use for the site? I have been trying to come up with a solution.
i got the fuel site at ramjet performance. it came as a weld in kit ,but i have seen guys use pluming fittings with gas line but i was worried about it leaking and i couldn't find all the parts i needed .the kit i got came with 2 bungs and the 2 hose fittings whats cool about it is the threads get bigger as you screw them into the bung so they wont leak and ruin your paint

dash your fast 8) i like that so i dont have to wait to see awsomeness

masterpoop63 said:
dash your fast 8) i like that so i dont have to wait to see awsomeness
i still got a long way to go but it dose help to have friends help out

Great work man. Incredible bike.
You've got real talent and work really fast.
Everything is so cool. If it was mine I would just try to change the headset. It might be the picture but the handlebars seem a bit high and the new headset steals the shine off this great ride.
Anyway, that's probably me thinking wrong :)
Congratulations and keep it up.
When wiil we see it rollin?

Awesome Awesome bike. You just took the board tracker look and slammed it home. Folks, this is a boardtracker.

Back