debo's boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stocksucks said:
Great work man. Incredible bike.
You've got real talent and work really fast.
Everything is so cool. If it was mine I would just try to change the headset. It might be the picture but the handlebars seem a bit high and the new headset steals the shine off this great ride.
Anyway, that's probably me thinking wrong :)
Congratulations and keep it up.
When wiil we see it rollin?
The neck is a bit hi but the guy that will be riding it is a very tall man and he dose not want to be hunched over a whole lot it will be a tight fit for him we should be peddling by Sunday just waiting on parts
ride on

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :shock:

I didn't get to work on the bike during the week but we got the tank all welded up as well as the frame here is what the rad rocket looks like with the tank
IMG_20101217_222347.jpg

i got the seat mounted i had to make my own seat post , i cut some 7/8 inch pipe at a 45 degree angel then welded that to make a 90 degree post then i hacked up a bike to use the seat clamp i cut just below the clamp so there is some of the seat tube left on the clamp this lets me slip it right on to the 1 inch OD pipe i used for the frame works pretty slick and now debo has a adjustable seat for his tall stature we also filled in the seat stay with weld
IMG_20101218_163146.jpg

IMG_20101218_163243.jpg

IMG_20101227_203002-1.jpg

well i got the motor mounts in and the engine sittin purdy! i also put a spriger on the front. I had to do some cuting to get it to work, but it was worth it,looks good i think!
IMG_20101227_203025.jpg

IMG_20101227_203256.jpg

every thing is mocked up now i just have to clean it up and paint. we used a very old beer can that is made from steel to hide the cdi then we mounted a kill switch under the can came out sweet. we also ditched the stock throttle and replaced it with a better one. the stock throttle was a trip to er room waiting to happen were thinking a red frame with a cream tank
IMG_20110102_195711.jpg

awsum build speechless :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back