Dia de los Muertos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe somebody has a longer springer/steerer tube for a 26" springer? Don't know - how long does it need to be? Idea: use an adapter to utilize a 1" threadless stem in a threaded/quill fork, and maybe you can use a threadless 1" headset (at least at the top)

you can probably make up 1/2 to 3/4" by cutting/grinding the head tube. (top bottom)

Thanks guys,

@Markm, I've been looking at the bicycledesigner.com stuff.
The 7.5 inch would be ideal and its fair priced. point is i would have to get paypal and add shipping and the risk of being taxed by dutch customs.
26" springers are on sale at my lbs (34.- euro) might have to go with that for the part.

@ gowjobs the tube is about 5.2 inch long (13.2 cm) without headset or anything on the fork or tube, the fork with nothing on is about the same lenght.

@ icyuod2, i cannot take anything of there it is not a straight tube, the tube is wider than most and than tapers in on the top and bottom.

Thanks again, apreciate it big time.

badmuller said:
Thanks guys,

@ icyuod2, i cannot take anything of there it is not a straight tube, the tube is wider than most and than tapers in on the top and bottom.

sure you can. you would need races designed for a larger tube, but theres a few sizes to choose from.

you'd just have to grind slowly until you hit a diameter that matches (use a flap wheel on your angle grinder)
i'd be willing to bet, you can find one that will match your largest diameter of the tube.
looking good bud!

icyuod2 said:
badmuller said:
Thanks guys,

sure you can. you would need races designed for a larger tube, but theres a few sizes to choose from.

you'd just have to grind slowly until you hit a diameter that matches (use a flap wheel on your angle grinder)
i'd be willing to bet, you can find one that will match your largest diameter of the tube.
looking good bud!

Thanx, for pointing out that solution, but thats advanced bikebuilding,
(to me that would be like trying to make my sideburns even lenght,
you start on the left then that is too short so i have to trim the right one to match, etc, etc, etc).
I did not feel confident enough to pull that off nice.
And since it is not really my own build I went for a bolt on solution.
So that way my girlfriend can put it together herself.

26" straight springer forks where on sale at the lbs, so got one of those.
switched the tube, turned out the 26" was more narrow so had to switch some more parts,
but i'm happy with that more narrow look, and the girlfriend too.
she can get on with painting.
fd7ddd.jpg

Thanx Sensor, we like the frame too
Basicly its only 3 tubes, it has very smooth appearance.
the mood music is cool, got that track somewhere on a compilation, "dead bodies" is cool too though.

badmuller said:
68riviera430 said:
Awesome theme for a bike!I have a sugarskull sleeve im working on. Cant wait to see this one done
got any pic's of that sleeve? or are u waiting till its done?
Its really just one so far, cause I spend all my money on bikes and cars! hahaha.
Ill shoot a pic of it soon.

Muy Buena! Luce tenebrosa, como para morirse!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So... if you use translate you get:
"Very Good! It looks dark, as if to die!"
Quite good, but not good enough, what I meant was...
Very Good! It looks spooky, as to die for!
See? not quite the same. :D

Never imagined you would end up with such a good looking bike parting from that frame, I really like the way it´s coming up together! :wink:

Thanx,

I really have to say that the only thing i did on this build is some cutting and welding in the begining.
And fix the springer front end.

All the credit for creativity has to go to my girlfriend.
When she first spoke about the style and colors I had my doubts, now i see she had a vision there.

Back