Dia de los Muertos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.k. this is where I'm gonna post updates from my girlfriend's build.
She is rebuilding a 70's German made Kettler/Kettrad Pirat into a "Dia de los Muertos" theme.
plans are;
New wheels, ape's, springer, fenders, seat+sissybar, chainguard, etc, etc....
2pyb5up.jpg

pulling the bike apart;
33paiie.jpg

And done;
8y6yo3.jpg

what are you going to do with that sweet front fork you removed from the bike....... and will you throw on and of the day of the dead skulls

Today I cut off the rear rack, because it was structural to the frame I left the little bend of it on the frame , hamered the piece down between the stays and welded it on there.
After that my girlfriend removed all the paint, next is to clean up the welds a bit more and smoothen the frame.
a5e3xs.jpg

15yjaj5.jpg

Nice frame badmuller, the bike almost looks a bit of a rat from the start. Your girl friend has a good idea.....3-speed coaster brake, I love'em. I don't know how available the Shimanos are where you are but I would think the Sturmey-Archers would be plentyfull. I think you could find a Sachs 3-speed coaster, I have one on a Hurcules.

GL

that is a dope fresh frame. so styling. eh via de la las muerto. la bicicleta va a ser la cosa más grande en el trasero. Asegúrese también de tomar unas cervezas

muerte.jpg

Hee, maar die ken ik! Leuk jullie hier te zien :)

Frame looks nice, though I probably would prefer it with that peculiar rack(-sides). They almost look like automobile-fins once welded shut. ...or are they too short for that? Anyway, I bet you have some pretty good ideas for it of your own.

Groeten aan Miss J!

Jeffrey.

herr_rudolf said:
Hee, maar die ken ik! Leuk jullie hier te zien :)

Frame looks nice, though I probably would prefer it with that peculiar rack(-sides). They almost look like automobile-fins once welded shut. ...or are they too short for that? Anyway, I bet you have some pretty good ideas for it of your own.

Groeten aan Miss J!

Jeffrey.

Hey artmaster!!!
Miss_J says greetings back!
(are you going to bottrop again this year?)

Nice to see your art on here.
Your bikes are kool too. didn't know you are into bikes like that. Kool anyway.
the bike is getting a (new)banana seat back I think it would interfere with the seat, and Miss-J had allready picked the "dia de los Muertes" theme.We could always do a bike like that later.
We picked up some cool stuff to add today, maybe post some pic's later.

petersen_museum said:
that is a dope fresh frame. so styling. eh via de la las muerto. la bicicleta va a ser la cosa más grande en el trasero. Asegúrese también de tomar unas cervezas

We do not speak that language :( , so i had to use a online tool to understand, it came up with this;

via of the dead. The bike will be the greatest thing in the as :!: . Make sure to drink some beer :D

ah,
bananaseat will do just fine. It's a cool little frame with and without the rack. I remember my first bike having the same kind of handlebars and fake suspension. I'm a bit amazed to see front and back handbrakes on a kidsbike though...

Yep, I'll do my best and try to make it to Bottrop again this year. Let's hope for some good weather this time, okay?

badmuller said:
petersen_museum said:

We do not speak that language :( , so i had to use a online tool to understand, it came up with this;

via of the dead. The bike will be the greatest thing in the as :!: . Make sure to drink some beer :D

Short version: Day of the dead = great bike. Cheers! :wink:

Went to the lbs today,(that means: for the cool stuff we drive 45 min).
Picked up 2 wheels that came of a schwinn stingray repro.
The wheels where leftovers because those who ordered/bought these schwinns, mostley wanted 72 or 144 spoke wheels, the guy said that he even threw a bunch away because no one wants them :shock:
He had to dig these up from his basement and gave us a discount on them, good thing is the bikes origanal 3 speed hub will fit this wheel. The seat was discount too because it has a tear in the cover, it is supose to get a custom made leather cover anyway.
Some of the other stuff might end up on the bike too, or not :D

2jxnvp.jpg

t7lq3a.jpg

2gvihk9.jpg

now off to search for tires.

Yeah, pretty heavy, and there will be a matching chain for it too layed that just outside to get rusty, i'm waiting for rain, :lol: :lol:
there is nothing decided yet we just picked up some Mexican style stuff, we don't want it to look like a (paul t) jr creation. :wink:

Got some stuff in from the lbs that we ordered a while ago.
among that the 20" bent springer, we put it on with the original wheels to see how it would look and if the stance would turn out as we hoped.
1tq9ur.jpg

The thing is, the springers tube that goes into the headtube is too short.
And we didn't even put on a headset.
Anyone has ways to solve that problem?
all i can think of involves cutting and welding.
shortining the headtube is no option due to the fact it is tapered at the top & bottom.

Back