"Dirt Devil"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this at the scrapyard, Schwinn Fazer Z. I've had a springer fork laying around I've been saving for the right frame and I thought this would look cool. I have been waiting on parts for the petty build so I'm doing something in the mean time.
Forgot to take before pics. It looked like this but with spoke rims instead of the mags.
Repeat this is NOT my bike only a look alike to show what it looked like before.
image-88.jpg

Springer on.
image-89.jpg

image-90.jpg

All Painted and I went ahead and shaved the chain guard tabs, coaster brake tab, and cleaned a few welds. I did leave the cable guides though.
image-92.jpg

image-93.jpg

Re: Black Mamba

I'm liking this build so far. Cool slammed stance.

kingfish254 said:
I'm liking this build so far. Cool slammed stance.
It looks great with the spring in too but I need to lengthen the steer tube about half an inch or find a longer one.

NOW THAT'S A SLEEK LOOKING BIKE!! YEAH BABY!! GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Peatbog said:
What the...!? It just tripled in coolness.

Hi Jake!
It's amazing what a little paint and a few parts will do to totally change the look of a bike. Just wait till the banana seat goes on.

After paint I realized I could not settle for that little + sign Schwinn badge, it just doesn't look good.
image-100.jpg

So off it went and on went this weather beaten classic badge.
image-97.jpg

And how did I drill and tap those tiny holes to attach it?.... In true rat rad fashion....hot glue.
image-98.jpg

Then I found the grips for it at the scrapyard for $1.
image-99.jpg

Got the nanner seat on and I like how it looks but need bolts before I can go further. We also got our first snow here so I'm not in the mood for a bike ride. Here's a progress shot. Besides I need the space to built the sissy bar. :mrgreen:
image-101.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Peatbog said:

Hi Jake!
It's amazing what a little paint and a few parts will do to totally change the look of a bike. Just wait till the banana seat goes on.
Ya right about everything on this bike. Great work as always! I love those type of grips! What up Peat!! Is this gonna be a tall or short sissy bar?!? Maybe use that paint that cracks to resemble snake skin. But I feel that you have more ideas for us. :wink: GTB!! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Peatbog said:

Hi Jake!
Ya right about everything on this bike. Great work as always! I love those type of grips! What up Peat!! Is this gonna be a tall or short sissy bar?!? Maybe use that paint that cracks to resemble snake skin. But I feel that you have more ideas for us. :wink: GTB!! Peace

I'm going to use a standard length sissy bar but drilling new holes for the seat to bolt into. Should have about a foot and a half above the seat. Just enough to mount a back pad on it. Also been thinking about stepping it up in the paint department. Thinking either greasy black flake or cherry pie flake. But I kinda like the gang green flake too.
http://www.rothmetalflake.com/rattlebomb/flakes.html

I knew you had more ideas up ya sleeve! :mrgreen:

redstar said:
definitely interested to see how well that spray can of metal flake does.
Me too, a buddy of mine told me about it. He used the gold color flake on a peddle car he built and it looked great with the exception of his lousy painting technique. :lol:

New school meets old school meets low school.
I dig it!

kingfish254 said:
New school meets old school meets low school.
I dig it!
And Rat school is now in session.

Today was a good day, I did a little trading and got my old cherry root beer color Bratz Lowrider back so I could use it for parts. I made quick work of getting it apart and used the bent springer on black mamba. Now it's at least rideable. Going to rework a few things still but it's getting closer. And since I now have a straight springer and a Bratz frame I think it will become a crate clone.

Donor bike
lowrider3007.jpg

Nice look to it
image-115.jpg

Better look....slammed
image-116.jpg

Back