"Dirt Devil"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Mamba

Finally a little progress. I got the rear tire mocked into position but still need to make an extension for the dropouts or new dropouts entirely and get it welded up. And I finished up a few other details. :wink:

image-131.jpg

Fat tire mocked into place and a little RatRodBikes decal.
image-132.jpg

If you think the crank looks a bit off maybe this is why
image-133.jpg

This stem was made for this build
image-134.jpg

Just letting everybody know this build is not dead just going slow.

I'm not going to bling this out like OCC but I thought I'd add this little trinket to the build.

image-135.jpg

Well till I get some new dropouts made or figure something else out I just threw on some whitewalls I had laying around. I think I like it just like this.

image-143.jpg

Cool build 8) supersizing this frame desing to fit 26" would make such a nice stretch cruiser too :idea: :wink:

OneHorsePower said:
Cool build 8) supersizing this frame desing to fit 26" would make such a nice stretch cruiser too :idea: :wink:

There is an anything goes build this year if you are up for the challenge. It would be a sweet look.

outskirtscustoms said:
OneHorsePower said:

There is an anything goes build this year if you are up for the challenge. It would be a sweet look.
i wish i could weld :? maybe next year... i wont join the buildoff , i done 2 in a row , and plan to just enjoy riding this summer

Re: Black Mamba... Now "Red Devil"

Well as some of you know I recently got this bike back on a trade so I decided to give it a paint job and make it look nice. I decided to go with this Duplicolor "Dark Cherry" metallic. It would have turned out better but the paint spray went on cruise control about 3/4 of the way through the paint job. :roll:

Here's a quick peek at what's going on now...

Well after spotting a tire bulge due to a ripped bead on the back tire I went looking in the shed for different tires, The ones I had on it were kinda skinny anyway. Well I found this pair of Vee Rubber 2.125 knobbys in the back and remembered how sweet evalu8er's build off bike "Devist8er" looked with the knobby tires and red accents along with it's low slung stance so I figured it's worth a shot. After installing them and checking clearances they fit with no mods and look SWEET. So I am changing the name of the build AGAIN!

I introduce to you....

THE DIRT DEVIL... Just like the vacuum cleaner it sucked when it was new but doesn't anymore and it stirs the dirt around but never picks it up.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Nice! :D Looks way better as a low rider 8)

Thanks, I thought so too. Rides pretty good too, kinda has a long stretched out feel to it. Kinda reminds me of a new age take on the classic Stingray.

Back