Do I have a Ladies Seat?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...on my bike. :oops:

I bought this bike without knowing much about it. Over the last couple of weeks I've discovered nearly every part on the bike is incorrect to it. Not a big deal really, but I happen to like the look of he original bike better.

Someone mentioned that they thought this might be a Ladies seat. From what I've learned I think they might be right. Thoughts?

I found a complete bike that is nearly all original online as a reference. The owner said it originally had a Troxel brand seat. Is that what I should be looking for if I want to keep this bike original?

CURRENT SEAT:

f4f9146af8c9608bb9c98a14e16c40e5_zps40c91110.jpg

8ea9461e0640e6db9548f6c121d58147_zps097739cc.jpg

yup, ladies seat.

I noticed the headset bearings are incorrect. :wink:

Nice tank on that rig. If it still pedals and goes, you're in good shape. Save that seat for a ladies build and find yourself a replacement, or just run it!

How do you tell a ladies seat vs. a man's seat? Is it wider for their big ole bootys lol.....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Colyn. said:
How do you tell a ladies seat vs. a man's seat? Is it wider for their big ole bootys lol.....

The front part or Nose on the Saddle, would be longer on a Mens Saddle .

Rafael

Walker said:
I noticed the headset bearings are incorrect. :wink:

:mrgreen:
That's funny. I almost changed the headset bearings this weekend when I replaced the fork. Those bearings are one of the few things that are probably original to the bike.

Funny thing is I just bought this bike about a month ago from a couple probably in their late 50's or 60's. The bike had belonged to the woman's brother when he was a boy. The serial number would indicate it is a 1953 bike. However she said her brother got it for his 10th birthday in 1963. Who knows, maybe it was already 10 years old at that time and had parts swapped out? It was her impression that it was pretty much all original as it had hung in a garage for the last 40 years. Wild mix of parts.

Thanks for the input folks.

So should I be looking for a Troxel brand seat to make this more original?

I thought the same thing ,when I saw this post the other day, To tell you the Truth I rock a Ladies saddle on my Higgins
Rat and don't mind sayin soo ! Most Comfortable....I might add..

Rafael

Agreed. Girls seats after so cushy yet the men's seat I have kills me to sit on for even a minute.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Back