Dona Regina build thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or now.
Rear caliper with fresh shoes installed. Paint is so so.
IMG_3744.jpg

Custom cable guides rule.
IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

Found a short length of yellow housing from another project.
IMG_3747.jpg

Abraço

Very interesting. I have 4 or 5 tabs open right now looking for cable guides online. I'd love to find a stash of the old Schwinn spring clip types, but the closest things I can find are either on Alibaba (are they safe to order from?) or cost like $15 for four of them. I have a roll of utility wire; I think I might just put it to use.

Swing and a miss, strike one.
IMG_3838.jpg

Note:
This is Hayes clear waterfall decal paper printed on a good inkjet printer but the background color [what your installing it on] bleeds through big time.
I ordered some white. Like anything new it will take some testing to see if it works.
Abraço

Last edited:
Wasn't sure I was going to make it but Dona Regina is finished.
I made a late decision to keep both chainrings (now 2x8) but struggled with the front derailleur for a while.
I was finally able to make a 70's Schwinn FD work with the Deore shifters. This meant more cable stays but I'm getting better at those!
IMG_4276.jpg
IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg
IMG_4277.jpg

I got the shifting dialed in and it really is a fun ride. I get the strangest looks!
This has been a blast and I'm going to call her done.

Thanks Rats!

I made a late decision to keep both chainrings (now 2x8) but struggled with the front derailleur for a while.
I was finally able to make a 70's Schwinn FD work with the Deore shifters. This meant more cable stays but I'm getting better at those!
View attachment 243042 View attachment 243043
View attachment 243045 View attachment 243044

I got the shifting dialed in and it really is a fun ride. I get the strangest looks!

Thanks Rats!
Can’t wait for the glamour shots!

View attachment 243042 View attachment 243043
View attachment 243045 View attachment 243044

Thanks Rats!

Greetings, @One-eyed Sailor . BTW I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am taking a lot of inspiration from your RRBO18 build to make one of my own. I have a 1957 ladies/step-thru frame (but with both down tubes straight and parallel; fork not original) and I just don't want to cut it up. When I get back from Carolina, I plan on starting it soon. It should make a fine GNG (get-n-go) bike that's fun to ride. Have fun with your Travels......matthew

20230611_174813.jpg

Greetings, @One-eyed Sailor . BTW I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am taking a lot of inspiration from your RRBO18 build to make one of my own. I have a 1957 ladies/step-thru frame (but with both down tubes straight and parallel; fork not original) and I just don't want to cut it up. When I get back from Carolina, I plan on starting it soon. It should make a fine GNG (get-n-go) bike that's fun to ride. Have fun with your Travels......matthew

View attachment 252042
Ran across this scrolling through old stuff. Did you build her??

@68z27

Last edited:
Thanx for asking. I have been posting my (incredibly slow!) progress in the build section GIGI. What I thought was going to be a quick build has turned into more than anticipated, but I think I will like it when done. These last few months have been fraught with unexpected diversions, got steel in my eye (2 trips to ER and slight damage to eyesight, my youngest broke (actually not her fault) all 3 bolts holding steering box to the frame of her jeep (7/16" grade 8 sheared!), and a death in the family. What else could happen next? :headbang: But we are keeping our heads up and soldering forth....... Scooby Doo says Rat-Ro :)

Latest posts

Back