Double Schwinn Score!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Was following up on a ad for a Slik Chik, and scored a bonus Stingray in the process. Been wanting a Slik Chik for my collection since I saw one in a fellow collectors driveway. Found this one and went to see it. The guy asked me if I was into Stingrays and said he might have something to show me. Well I got there and he had this 69 Slik Chik and this 77 Stingray. We struck a deal and I brought them home. Turns out this Stingray is a one year only color Sunset Orange model thay is in really great shape, and was orginally a 3 speed, so the guy gave me a clean S-2 hoop, Sturmey Archer 3spd hub, correct schwinn cable in package and thumb shifter to go with the bike that he had collected. I just need to get some spokes and lace it up. Been wanting a 3 spd for a while! Score
9a264a73bd4bc0cc590b0f9bcee23b18.jpg

fc2625cd691701f588586106a533a71a.jpg

5aae9ac167d288d5b1426580c59384f1.jpg

Check out what's left of the cool Bicycle Safety Club sticker from Cook County, IL on the Chik's fron fender! I thought it was neat.
06fbb2b0aad1250ae06eb1965bb6fe37.jpg

Sorry if the pics were a little dark, tried to take them when I got home from work and the sun was a setting.

ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Thanks everybody, it's nice to get lucky once in a while.

lol.. I'd say!

But yes, these both look like nice bikes. That 'ray will be really killer with the 3-speed back in place. And sunset orange is always a nice color on the eyes. Are you sure it's '77? It was only offered for one year, '73 or '74, on the lightweight bikes so it seems like it would be the same year? But possibly not.. they did strange things sometimes.

Jpromo said:
ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Thanks everybody, it's nice to get lucky once in a while.

lol.. I'd say!

But yes, these both look like nice bikes. That 'ray will be really killer with the 3-speed back in place. And sunset orange is always a nice color on the eyes. Are you sure it's '77? It was only offered for one year, '73 or '74, on the lightweight bikes so it seems like it would be the same year? But possibly not.. they did strange things sometimes.

According to the serial number, it's a 77. Schwinn offered the Fastback in Sunset Orange in 73 and 74, but the only year it was offered on the base style Stingray was 77.

BOTH great finds.

love the orange Stingray, I have a 77 5 speed that someone spray bombed black over everything, including the seat,etc. a someday project of mine, lol

Slick CHickie looks good, too, oddly enough I have a twin to that as well, violet and all, although my 70 has the shorter bars, have not pulled em to check dates for originality. yet.

enjoy :)

Latest posts

Back