Drag Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this concept in my mind , to build a drag bike. I built the frame and used more rake to the neck
than I normally do on my builds to add to the look. Decided on the parts to get to my concept.
I got some rims from Chuck. They are 26 x 3 1/4. I had to redrill the rear to go from a 32 hole to a
36 and use a Nexus 3 speed. I ordered the biggest tire I could find for the rear.
Its a 26 x 3.8 Black Floyd made by Surly. Then The front would be a matching black Frank which is a 26 x 2.8.
I painted it with the Duplicolor red spec spray.
So finally all together and finished. Hope you like it.

DSCF0001-116.jpg

DSCF0003-48.jpg

DSCF0011-3.jpg

DSCF0010-6.jpg

DSCF0013-3.jpg

US,
This one has turned out to be one of my favorite builds of yours.
You really pulled off the dragster look. Funny thing though, your 'skinny' tire is most people's 'fat'! :lol:

Cheers to ya,
Dr. T

Tis a thing of beauty!!!!
Love the "Skinny" Frank up front.
The Floyd and the rear of the frame really give it a sexy badonkadonk.

OH Yeah..... You hit the nail on the head. Glad you decided to for the gusto on the tire purchase.

Chips ...Clancy thanks. This is one that makes me smile. :wink:
Rode it around this morning and I know its just a bike, but it looks really cool.
I was passing all the other old people like they were standing still :D

Uncle Stretch said:
Chips ...Clancy thanks. This is one that makes me smile. :wink:
Rode it around this morning and I know its just a bike, but it looks really cool.
I was passing all the other old people like they were standing still :D
You're very welcome! I'm glad you posted it when you did......I'm getting ready to drop off some rims to the powder coater that I'm having done black with silver spokes. I was wanting to see some before I did it and your timing was perfect!

They are doing closeouts on these rims. I have to redrill them anyway and now that
I found out how to do it I figure I need a couple more while they are cheap. $69 shipped
for two 3 1/4 '' wide 26'' rims is cheap. So in a few more days I will have two more .
Several people here are building a style of frame. I'm going to follow suit and build one two.
Do I need another bike...no but they get in my head and I want to build one. :roll: :shock: :shock:
Black rims work good. They set off most tires.

I'm going to have the rims and part of the chainring done to set it apart from the patina'd-to-death frame I'm using on a current build. I dont want too much "new" with the old. I'm doing a fat & skinnt tire/wheel set up too.

Yeah on this next set , I have to fill the old spoke holes and drill new ones. I'm going to see
if there is something I can use where I can powder coat them when I'm thorough.
I love that stuff. It sure makes parts look good.

That is funny. Need to take it all off. Maybe paint half the tire white so you could
see how much its spinning when you take off. :wink:
DSCF0013-4.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
That is funny. Need to take it all off. Maybe paint half the tire white so you could
see how much its spinning when you take off. :wink:

No need to paint half, just a white stripe, kinda like this...

Racing-slicks-1024x768.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
Fantastic build! The only thing that I don't care for is the seat, it just doesn't flow with the rest of the bike, IMHO. I could picture a black Brooks on there.
BrooksFlyerBlackSaddle.png

Ok Cameron the last time I let someone....Clancy...talk me into a brooks I got a permanent imprint
of one of those terrible seats on my rear. If I even look at one it starts to hurt. My Schwinn seat may
not look that stylish but they are the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden on . I can go for miles
and nothing is numb. I will take comfort over pretty any day of the week....I'm 62 and not impressed
with pretty anymore.

Yeah Rat Fink I wish I had a Goodyear stencil. Would look cool on there. Those are the white
marks I was talking about...probably not going to be able to break this one loose anyway. :shock:

Back