Drop Stands

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a guy making and selling them on ebay. They were okay, but just a bit wider than originals (~20mm as opposed to ~17mm), so the bikes I put them on weren't all that stable: not enough lean-back, would roll forward fairly easily. I still use one; I did grind it down at the dropstand ear contact points which helped a bit.

There was a guy making and selling them on ebay. They were okay, but just a bit wider than originals (~20mm as opposed to ~17mm), so the bikes I put them on weren't all that stable: not enough lean-back, would roll forward fairly easily. I still use one; I did grind it down at the dropstand ear contact points which helped a bit.

Yeah I didn't see anything on there. I'll take another look. Looks like there was someone on the cabe that was making them a year ago or so. But doesn't look like he is anymore.

You can make one yourself out of hot or cold rolled steel, which I bought at Menards. It doesn't look exactly like the original, but it works. I held it together with sheet metal screws. The non driven side was counter sunk and I used an anvil to pound the points into the counter sunk area. You can grind it so it sits at the proper angle to support the bike.

Thanks maybe I'll look into to making one.

Back