UNLIMITED Duality

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the position of the BB, I used the alignment jig. It’s a little bit forward of “normal” assuming at the bottom of the seat tube in a straight line.

BB center (left-right) determined also by the jig for HT/axle/BB alignment. Honestly, if one can get those three aligned, what’s in the middle can be crazy. (think swingbike)

And yeah, I actually thought to check the crank arm & sprocket clearance this time around. (might be a root cause of why the right chainstay/downtube tube got a bit close to the tire 🤫)

Last edited:
IMG_0390.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg

Welded it up, ‘cause I’m impatient and sweat is just a way to know you’re not yet dehydrated! 😂

Not the most elegant solution, nor the best execution, but we’ll see. Letting the welds cool, but with an early a.m. departure you’ll just have to wait along with me to see if it is properly aligned and such.

I might trim the top portion some, and at least round the corners off. If it all works it’s on to finish work and putting the “bicycle” parts on this hunk of steel.

So I'm just curious, do you think about your build and next steps and what you have planned next while on the job; like the rest of us do?
🤪😆🤫🙄😏
Ummm… Duh? 😂🤣
Mostly I’m frustrated that I have Ideas or planned next steps but I’m not home and can’t do anything. That’s why it progresses in bursts.

And then there are times home when life has other plans and afterall, this is just a bike, just a hobby, so ten days go by with nothing.

Looking forward to retirement with 40 acres and a mule, and a big, air-conditioned workshop!

Also, time on the road gives me time to catch up on all the other threads. 😄

Ummm… Duh? 😂🤣
Mostly I’m frustrated that I have Ideas or planned next steps but I’m not home and can’t do anything. That’s why it progresses in bursts.

And then there are times home when life has other plans and afterall, this is just a bike, just a hobby, so ten days go by with nothing.

Looking forward to retirement with 40 acres and a mule, and a big, air-conditioned workshop!

Also, time on the road gives me time to catch up on all the other threads. 😄

Thank God for autopilot I guess, huh?! 🤣🤣

I still like the triple tree fork the best. Especially now that you can lower it.
I'm sure you'll get the BB tweaked if it needs it. Love catching up on this killer build!

There might be some flexing when you pedal hard with that BB mount, but it is certainly an interesting way of doing it :)
We’ll see. I hope by using two plates, and with the angles they’re set at flexing will be minimized. (meaning they’re not perpendicular, but angles inward and also not straigt front-rear.)

Back