Duck Norris, Guest Starring in That Sixties Thing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the next step in the master plan?
image1.jpg

I kinda fell outta love with things when I realized 1.75" was the biggest tire it could take. Can't meet requirements with that. Maybe a frame change, maybe withdrawal from competition so I can build the bike he wants

I have problems with tires and the rims on which to mount them. I could order some from some other country, which I do not want to do, or I could spend a lot of money hunting down a source and then buying the bits.

One day I will probably find something. Maybe.

I don't think I'll do the Baby Duck, but I might have come up with a crazy scheme out of left field, just so I don't have another DNF on the books. Possible frame swap, but you'd barely notice the change. Maybe I'll muscle up the big Duck. I have the parts to do 3 outta 3

Simple: throw the parts I was planning for the little one on here instead. You know I have plenty of 26 tire to pick from, went with the widest and narrowest in the pile, 2.125 and 1.75IMG_20231118_104241135.jpg
Gonna be the quickest build you ever saw Matti do. See y'all soon

Step three is the biggie, a combo. Tires, and bringing the rear all together
IMG_20231118_114555171.jpg
one down
IMG_20231118_123740119.jpg

That's two.
IMG_20231118_123757115.jpg

Three requirements, check, check, and check

Lightning round! No time for breaks!
Literally an entire build in about two hours!. Watch this Duck fly! We're all done but the grips, only a wee issue, stupid skinny front tire caused a pinch flat, won't hold air for minute.
IMG_20231118_123827629.jpg
IMG_20231118_124132060.jpg

Last edited:
stupid skinny front tire caused a pinch flat, won't hold air for minute.
Pumped it up to the maxxx! Didn't let that little detail prevent me from taking a first flight! Cockpit shot, technically rideable!
IMG_20231118_124904206_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Note the grips. Snagged a couple of final shots while I was at it. I can has finished thread

In the words of ingolajr fenders are for old dudes 😂
Personally, I hate all the rattling tin. I'm sure I still have a chain guard somewhere as well, but I've never had either on any of my bikes. Accessories seem to be a part of the muscle style, but not really my style

Personally, I hate all the rattling tin. I'm sure I still have a chain guard somewhere as well, but I've never had either on any of my bikes. Accessories seem to be a part of the muscle style, but not really my style
Your bike your style so no fenders

Back