Earth Rat Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1... with out a doubt!
Like Luke said, they have that 7X look (and probably not the cost!).

I've found that having a rad set of rims lying around is dangerous; I always end up using it as an excuse to build an entire bike around them.
(in your best Foghorn Leghorn voice)
Why I do declare that I have absolutely know idea what you're talking about...

IMG_20140822_155559.jpg

Definitely going to be following this thread.... this is bound to be an awesome bike, at the end. Post up some pics of your wife's step-thru Earth Cruiser.... maybe use the other rims on hers, if the color won't clash too much? FWIW, Weinmann AS7x are still in production; finding blue painted ones won't be hard, and Atomic Paul sometimes sells anodized versions thru the www.genuinebicycleproducts.com store.
Thanks 808..
It will be a somewhat of a slow build but done rite.. I want it to look good but with a statement.. Eye catching.!!
I will post some pictures of the wife EC here shortly.. Got a good deal on it and I wanted my wife to cruise with me but with the same style cruiser. You'll see once I post it up.. (need to take pictures)
I also have a set of Arayas 7X hoops that were handed to me for $Free.99 and I could not beat that deal with a yard stick. I had planed to run those wheel hoops at first (maybe will) on the wifes EC but depending on the wheels that I'm getting for the wifes cruiser when I pick them up tomorrow.. Either way her EC will be set with either or wheels..

I need to get some anodized but don't know who does them here in town.. or how much.. I have some Araya hoops and that would be the best time to get them anno'd..

Ok.. I said I was going to add some pictures yesterday but got held up doing some things that kept me from posting pictures BUT here are the pictures (teasers) that I said I was going to post.. More to come once I'm done with the build.. Almost done.!!
My Blue anno wheel set.. Sorry about the Cell phone pic's, plus it was late in the afternoon..

Yeah.. I had too.. Love how these wheels came out.. but I still have plans for the other blue hoops.. I just need to get 32h hubs for them, not your common hubs that pop out like the 36h and 48h hubs..

Yeah.. I had too.. Love how these wheels came out.. but I still have plans for the other blue hoops.. I just need to get 32h hubs for them, not your common hubs that pop out like the 36h and 48h hubs..
I know what you mean, I have a build in planning that needs 32 hole hubs front and rear, but they need some other features too, that makes them even harder to find, think I am going to have to modify some standard hubs with some bolt on/rivet on taller flanges... :confused:

Luke.

I'm considering changing the bars.. Any input is open.?
I'll post my other option on bars that I might go with..

I do have a couple choices and I just got a kool set of bars off the museum that might do the trick for this cruiser.

I am personally not a fan of bars that have the grips pointing up like that, seems uncomfortable, but then again I have never used any like that...

Some moto style ones might be cool?

Luke.
I'm not a big fan of the wide pointing up bars either but these are the origenal bars and I have to say they feel pretty comfortable.

Back