>>> Ebay bidding ??? <<<

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
I have a question that is more ebay related than bike related, but since it involves bidding on bikes and parts I figured I would put it here. If you see someone you know has bid on an item and you really want the same item and there aren't that many of them around - Will you A.) outbid that person no matter what? B.) Not bid on the item because there is no reason to raise the price on it for a fellow bike collector/rat rodder? C.) Email the person and discuss why you want it and try to work out a deal for said item and maybe everyone comes out ahead?

I am not sure this has been talked about and I was curious. SOme of us know each other bidder names and others I am sure have more than one name and no one would ever know. Just a question about ebay courtesy.

Let me know your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks, Joe

I haven't knowingly bid against anyone on here, and wouldn't unless they said they were dropping out of the auction.

I belong to another forum of collectors and they have a thread where people can post their ebay name so we can avoid stepping on each others toes. Mine is not so hard to figure out. "LightfootAZ"

Yes, it was tempting to bid on the Dyno Moto 7 frame and parts that Lightfoot was bidding on because it was going to sell so cheap, but I decided that it wasn't cool to knowingly outbid a biker brother.

You'll never have to worry about me Joe, I can't afford anything you bid on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hooch said:
but there always is at least one person you would just like to outbid even if ya didnt need the part :p lol

Tell me about it :lol: I collect pipes and and there's this Guy "willypecker" (aptly named) with the same tastes as me and apparently a whole lot more money. How many CustomBilts does one guy need? :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Yes, it was tempting to bid on the Dyno Moto 7 frame and parts that Lightfoot was bidding on because it was going to sell so cheap, but I decided that it wasn't cool to knowingly outbid a biker brother.

You'll never have to worry about me Joe, I can't afford anything you bid on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for not tazing me bro :mrgreen:

Hope for more replys...

but in case anyone was wondering, I have done all three and so that is where that comes from. It just got me thinking thats all. You know 99% of the time there will be another of what you are looking for anyway. I have been on ebay for almost 10 years and employed many different bidding tactics but also learned a little about helping out others and in the end the favor is always returned.

Joe

wow cool you guys look out and respect each other like that.
makes for kick "donkey" friends.

i play poker with good friends and it's they got it and i want it. trash talkin and all.

now if it's of some worth and we are both biddin on it then i would say what can we do here. or say hey this is my top dollar bid are you going to bid higher befor it gets to a point where it's going to cause problems with a good frind/acquaintance but biddin is biddin in my book.

it sucks but the man thats the quickest with money wins.

i try to acquire my stuff no cost or low cost. isn't that "Rat"

on that note i'm glad i found you guys great site THANKS STEVE

Back