EL GUAPO...NOW AMERICAN FLAG BIKE...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I picked up this El Guapo the other day for a steal so I decided that being an AMERICAN and living in a place that is NOT so AMERICAN (Arizona) I wanted to continue with my AMERICAN THEME Bikes . So Out with the El Guapo and soon an AMERICAN Bike will be made.

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

clear coat is drying...decals are waiting...sooooooon it will be on the road

Re: EL GUAPO..NO..NO AMERICAN IN MY HOUSE

Rat Rod said:
Looking good so far.

When you get a chance, make sure you read #6 on the list.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61269

:wink:

I have read the rules very carefully..and in No WAY has what i posted violated any of it. I am building a bike with the AMERICAN FLAG theme. Thats not political NOR Religious. Im sure if someone in Germany or England built and Bike with their FLAG on it and was proud of it..no one would say much about it being Political would we?? Cause i've seen many bikes in here with seat made out of a certain countries flag and everyone is very proud it right?? So im not saying anyone ones country is better or worse then ours. What i am saying is My address happens to be stamped USA..so im making a bike that celebrates that. I also happen to live in an area where the FLAG seems to be in question....DAILY....and I am happy to report no matter what the few believe here..the majority of us say USA..cause thats where we live..so im proud of it..and plan on ALWAYS being proud of it...so the bike is 100% made in the USA

Re: EL GUAPO TEAR DOWN... AMERICAN FLAG on the way

SO i changed the SUBJECT heading so as not offend anyone who is less then thankful we live in the GODD OL USA. Sad as it seems

Okay, I get the flag theme deal and have no problem with that.

You're making it into a political issue when you make comments about people's views of the country in your state.

Guaranteed you're going to upset someone on either side of the Arizona debate with this.

Built bikes, ride them and share them with us. and leave all those senseless discussions out of here.

Lookin good there, can't wait to see the finish paint. I'm with ya there on the good ole Americana theme. Good to see a few of us here still have a backbone.

It's not about backbone, it's about keeping the forum focused on bikes and off of topics that typically start arguments. ;)

Rat Rod said:
It's not about backbone, it's about keeping the forum focused on bikes and off of topics that typically start arguments. ;)

+ 1 Million.....

Carbon said:
Lookin good there, can't wait to see the finish paint. I'm with ya there on the good ole Americana theme. Good to see a few of us here still have a backbone.

Thank you Thank you for the support. I never intended to start anything with this theme. I have no ill will for anyone or anything as long as it is not negative about this COUNTRY. If it offends that I build or am building an American theme...well I cant help ya there. As far as the comments about Arizona...thats nothing to discuss. There is no argument. Until Arizona sits outside the borders of this great country..there is only one thing to say about Arizona...WE LOVE america and anyone who loves us. END OF DISCUSSION....this build is about a BIKE...and the awesome people on this site that have GOOD things to say. Those that dont..well..not much i can say for you..not much shocks me anymore.

Anyway..lets get back to reality here....PAINT is done..just a few things left to do..some white stars on the fender and get it all put back together..LETS RIDE

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg
IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Looking like a completely different bike. That American flag flame decal looks sweet!!

Nice build! :D I wouldn't have the guts to repaint an El Guapo, they're just too cool! :mrgreen:

Check out the bike I built in my sig "The Young American" :wink:

Houndog said:
Very nice!!!! The chip on your shoulder,not so much.........

Is that what that thing is on my shoulder??? And to think all this time I thought it was the TRUTH just hanging around. I just do what i do..build and let the chips fall where they may...i guess one landed on my shoulder. Darn chips. HAve to check them more often

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Nice build! :D I wouldn't have the guts to repaint an El Guapo, they're just too cool! :mrgreen:

Check out the bike I built in my sig "The Young American" :wink:

I have to admit i saw your build quite a while back and it gave me the idea to do this build. The Guapo is a very cool bike..so i went looking for one for this build. It took a while to get the nerve up to sand this thing down. Im happy so far with it. One problem though..i cant seem to get the forks back together without slopp in the head tube..what the heck??

ruddigger said:
Wow, is that really paint?

The cross is a decal..same for the tank..they are vinyl decals not paint. I sure wish i could paint like that. Very high quality decals I bought on ebay

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Fender is done..had to get the white stars on there. Stars and stripes..thats what it is all about...the build I mean..stars and stripes :wink:

Back