Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first the saddle appears too small for the bike compared to the Electra ones...but after you get a Brooks, all other saddles will become obsolete.
brooks004.jpg

brooks003.jpg

brooks002.jpg

What i have done with my squeeky seats is a little white petroleum jelly between the seat and ware the spring mounts.Its to bad that Shawn had to close shop he is a great guy.You scored a great bike ,that one caught my eye many times,it looks great , As for my avatar its a Electra Revil Raw.If i see you riding arond town i will stop you for a chat .
2009.jpg

cruisehard said:
At first the saddle appears too small for the bike compared to the Electra ones...but after you get a Brooks, all other saddles will become obsolete.

Awesome! Thanks for posting those pictures! I was wondering what it may look like. I think it looks great!

wristpin said:
What i have done with my squeeky seats is a little white petroleum jelly between the seat and ware the spring mounts.Its to bad that Shawn had to close shop he is a great guy.You scored a great bike ,that one caught my eye many times,it looks great , As for my avatar its a Electra Revil Raw.If i see you riding arond town i will stop you for a chat .

I'm going to have to try something as it's driving me nuts! I'll give that a go as well :shock:

Sweet rides, I dig that Vince! Yeah, Shawn was so cool to deal with. I was just going in to say goodbye and wish him luck in the future, and the Deluxe was sitting there calling my name, so we struck a deal :)

I had missed out on my choice last year.... He had a Flying Sue with the Triple clamp fork... I was digging it and wanted to think about it. I came back 3 days later and it was sold :cry:

For sure, it would be great to run into you!

Same thing happened to me with the ghostrider he had sitting there, when I finally made up my mind it was gone took to long. :cry:

He who hesitates..... :shock:

So I put some Super Lube (synthetic grease) on the front hinge are as well as on the threads of the bolt and rear spring studs where they enter the saddle. It's all super silent now!! Thanks!

Just finished a bike ride to Blockbuster, followed by DQ for an ice cream cone with my wife. Next to my Weber Charcoal BBQ, this is the next best inexpensive summer time toy I have bought recently :mrgreen:

did someone say Brooks saddles??

well its been a while since my last post, heres my Delivery 8D, got the Brooks grips on, aged B67 saddle, bear trap pedals, and a Soma bullet light that i painted to match the bike itself, also for some cheesyness some black bullet valve caps.....

DSC00427-1.jpg

up next will be either a springer style fork or a triple tree fork, haven't decided which one yet, and of course a some kind of cool old style big ole light of some kind........

Here's my first Electra, metal flake blue Rally Sport RS, already sold. Sorry, don't have any nice pics :(

After the RS, I've bought something different, something I want to redo with new rims, paint job etc :mrgreen: Meet the coolest Rockabilly Boogy ever, the brown primer one with triple clamp forks :mrgreen:

My first Electra was a straight 8 which I customized with whitewalls and 72 spoke wheels. Sold it to start a new project: a rat fink.
Also changed it to take my girls.
xndgmr.jpg

Which is now like this

Can I ask how you've mounted the front kiddy seat? I've got a Rally Sport which has the same mounting system for the handlebars, but all the kiddy seats I've seen are mounted on the vertical bar between the handelbars and the bike-frame, which isn't there on these bikes.

Will post some pics of the Rally Sport soon, doing a tiny bit of customising at the moment.

A few pics of my bolt-on custom Electra Sparker...Eno cranks, street sweepers, brooks...etc.
100_5056.jpg

100_5070.jpg

100_5069.jpg

100_5068.jpg

100_5067.jpg

100_5065.jpg

100_5063.jpg

My Rally Sport :) just swapped the grips and pedals and put some black dice valvecaps on. Looking for a triple tree fork, but they´re hard to come by in the Netherlands... (I don´t understand why Electra stopped fitting them on the RS standard, looks way better imo)

Also contemplating putting whitewalls on, but not sure how they´d look on the RS.

foto1.jpg

Nice additions! Those Straight 8's are great!

I added a Crane Copper Bell to my Deluxe.... I first had the Silver aluminum one in my hand, and was going to go with it for it's more on tone with my Deluxe, however one strike of the copper bell had me loving the tonal quality of it much more. So much more I went with it instead. My Head said silver, my heart said copper. In the end I'm glad I went copper as it adds just the right amount of contrast (not too much) for now.

Here I'm taking it for a spin :)

img5545n.jpg

ViperZ said:
Nice additions! Those Straight 8's are great!

I added a Crane Copper Bell to my Deluxe.... I first had the Silver aluminum one in my hand, and was going to go with it for it's more on tone with my Deluxe, however one strike of the copper bell had me loving the tonal quality of it much more. So much more I went with it instead. My Head said silver, my heart said copper. In the end I'm glad I went copper as it adds just the right amount of contrast (not too much) for now.

Here I'm taking it for a spin :)

img5545n.jpg

cool bell!!!!!!!!!!!!! i been looking for a nice bell...............i believe i have found it!!

Here's my Electra Vince with a two-tone seat, Electra bell, custom valve caps, vintage light and brand new Jerald Sulky whitewalls.

Vince.jpg

my Rally Sport rebuild is really coming along.....i liked a few pics of rally sports with drag bars on em, so i decided to make mine out if a piece of straight steel tubing. I also wanted to add some style points by making my own laidback seatpost too. I made it out of a piece of 1" solid steel bar that i heated and bent to the angle i liked. I think the bike is really coming along and it gets lots of lookers and compliments when im rollin on it.

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

and keeping in mind it started like this, im really ahppy with where it is now!
photo-5-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back