Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Mad Dog. Nice family of Electra's ya got there! I'm curious as to how the radial laced drum brakes are working out for ya. I like to use those Sturmey's myself, but not sure I would want to do radial.

Rooski said:
Hey, Mad Dog. Nice family of Electra's ya got there! I'm curious as to how the radial laced drum brakes are working out for ya. I like to use those Sturmey's myself, but not sure I would want to do radial.

Hi. Thanks, doing the best.. Next electra will be some 20'' Bicycle for son. Now in local shop on sale is Super 72... But son is to small: 3.5 year old....

About front brakes, Bro's Sparker and my Boney Finger have Drum brake, beter than nothing.... but when i bought bikes, they have good price... So i more use coaster brake...
Mother amsterdam... i think that front brake (roller brake) is used for maybe 2 or 3 times for almost 2 years, she also use coaster brake..

Wifes townie have V brake - that is amazing how fast can stop that bike, but wife also dont use brake, becouse brake is to sharp..

I've made some changes to the Rally Sport. Thought I'd give fenders a try for the Summer. Gary
DSCN1588-1.jpg

DSCN1590.jpg

DSCN1591.jpg

Here's a shot of a short break during our Earth Day EBF group ride. 84 people attended the ride, most of whom were on Electras.

20120422_120619.jpg

Yes it it. Says Electra on the other side. It's a cool bag just a little hard to get into. I wish it would open up more. I've been thinking about taking it to the shoe repair shop or local Upholstery shop for a minor stiching re-do. It's heavy leather, perfect for a lock, soda or wallet. Gary

Just picked up this RS on Craigslist for less than the price of the two whitewalls! :)

e44d70bb.jpg

78ebab3c.jpg

34dbea07.jpg

b7100891.jpg

005a254e.jpg

8671f26d.jpg

c8a169cb.jpg

77f02918.jpg

191a3bbd.jpg

Hey all! First time poster here! Love this forum and the creativity!

Here's my straight 8 stock shot that I photoshopped with the planned mods:

Str88black.jpg

Black ape hangers
Leather grips
Completely debadged
Covered the 8 ball with computer cut matching satin black vinyl sticker
Checker pattern on rear removed
Black seat post
Black kickstand
replaced chain type lock with Bike Guard Bone lock ultra
bikeguard-bonelockultra.gif

Here's an actual shot of me with my bike after mods were complete:

6132_215866775243_904775243_7939966_6211246_n.jpg

Zorro

Electra Sunny Garcia with a 7 speed hub.This is a fixer upper I found on CL. A nice riding bike.
SDC15538.jpg

010.jpg

Added a photo of it after a few changes.

My latest CL score. I re-laced the wheels in a 3L-3T pattern, while upgrading to a Nexus 7 rear and a Sturmey drum brake front.

i-L8W6Mqr-L.jpg

i-r7pjXPS-L.jpg

i-KbfwMF4-XL.jpg

Here's the latest version of my Electra Vince. Mods include: Electra Classic handlebars, Electra chrome neck, Jerald Sulky LE whitewalls, NOS light and hammer-striker bell.

Vince%20at%20Tourmaline%202.jpg

Vince%20in%20PB.jpg

Vince%20in%20PB%20close-up.jpg

Back