Elgin Frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was given two Elgin frames years ago that I was going to use as yard art. The rear section on the top one has several areas where it is rusted through, and the bar the seat post goes down into has split in the middle where the buldge is. Looks like water was inside and froze and then expanded. The bottom one is in a little better shape with only a few smaller rusted through sections. Should I A. cut the rear section off and do something custom with them in the future or should I B. Sale them to someone that could use the front sections to restore or use for parts.

DSC_0005.jpg

If sale them is my option I am wondering what they are worth, Ebay has some CRAZY prices on stuff that isnt in much better shape than these. I am thinking a metal guru between the two frames one good frame could be made. Maybe I should just leave them as yard art.

I'm not to sure. I paid $65 for a repaired frame with the fork and re-chromed truss rods (pictured) at last years Saline bike show. I thought that was a steal. In the condition yours are in I would pay $40-$60. I would need to see them more closely.
Picture023.jpg

if youre looking to get high dollars out of them.....forget it(not to be rude just being honest)
i can tell you that you could probably get about $20-$30(maybe $40 for both)..i got my elgin as a frame/fork/truss rods/and stem combo for $75 at a swap meet with absolutely nothing wrong with any of those things(aside from some surface rust)......

sorry just noticed the badges.......you might be able to get abit more depending on the condition of the headbadges

Yeah the more I thought about it I figured I would be pushing it for 40 a piece so I decided I was going to keep them. Hopefully down the road I can make one good one but the seat post seems to be rusted solid to the frame.

Back