English 20"?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I scored this 20" frame to muscle it out.Apparently it's english.It has a three piece crank that's trashed and I've never worked with.I think the head badge says RIYON.
257610399_tp.jpg

My question is will a regular bb and head set fit in this thing? And if so do I get the cranks off and beat out the rest?
Thanks for any help. :mrgreen:

ok so I have the cranks off and were the cups would go for a one piece crank wound go is threaded plates to hold the axel in the center of the bb.do i need some sort of threaded cups to install a one piece or can I press in cups :?:

well i took a look at my Raleigh and the 3 pc looks like it is too small for pressing cups in, sorry but it looks like you are going to have to stick the the 3 pc because one piece is will just not fit IMHO

I have some threaded cups for a 3 pc if you want some. they are 35mm in diameter or 1 1/4 inch

does the axle turn? or was there something wrong with the shanks?

Guess it's time to learn new stuff then.Thanks for the info guys.I was online last night trying to find out if it could be switched to a 1 piece and found nothing so I figured I'd have to go three piece.I know absolutly nothing about english bikes.

I was trying to slap my first muscle bike together for the Muscle bike show in Conn.
Maybe I can still get it done.Just have to learn fast.

I'll start a build thread after I find out what it takes.Thanks guys. :mrgreen:

Sorry Dragster I forgot to answer your questions.

I assume three pieces have some sort of bearings in them mine were dust.the axel that runs through the plate had about 3" of play in it and the sprocket was bent.I cut it off today at work and heated the stuck seat tube and got it out.

As for the fork I have a 20" straight Schwinn/lowrider type repop springer.

Thanks again for your help. :mrgreen:

Back