ENGLISH GRAMMAR & SPELLING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the bad spelling gets annoying. I try to put my commas and apostrophe's in the right spot along with correct spelling on my posts :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Yeah, the bad spelling gets annoying. I try to put my commas and apostrophe's in the right spot along with correct spelling on my posts :wink:

"apostrophe's" ?

Was this a test?

:mrgreen:

Bendix said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

"apostrophe's" ?

Was this a test?

WE HAVE A WINNER! :lol:

Sudteis hvae sowhn taht hiavng the fsrit and lsat letrtes in the ceocrrt palce, we can siltl raed the wrod.
I would just like to know who pays for these studies, and if he's a member here.

KOTA said:
Sudteis hvae sowhn taht hiavng the fsrit and lsat letrtes in the ceocrrt palce, we can siltl raed the wrod.
I would just like to know who pays for these studies, and if he's a member here.

We all pay for these studies every week if you work for someone else, every April if you own the business :shock:

Is it still okay if I occasionally write in Southern instead of english?
Peace y'all

motopsyco said:
.....................Is it still okay if I occasionally write in Southern instead of english?.......

As long as "passel", "slew", and "mess" are used to reflect the proper quantities........

I do that all the time but I'm bad at everything I do, I usually do run on sentences and for some reason my fingers on this laptop lately seem to go to another letter then I thought I just typed.

motopsyco said:
We all pay for these studies every week if you work for someone else, every April if you own the business :shock:

Is it still okay if I occasionally write in Southern instead of english?
Peace y'all
As long as I can still talk Northern...That would be wicked COOL!

I am sorry for not writing correct. I just hope I haven't offended anybody here. I never was good at writing english or understanding it. will you all forgive me. I can't find my spell check on here. hmmm.

Outlaw :cry:

I'm sure Steve just wants people to try, so as long as it appears that you care, I don't see a problem. Oh, and...

BILLY MAYS IS DEAD, SO CAN WE STOP WITH THE CAPS LOCK AND SUPER PUNCTUATION??!!!!........

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

I'm not pointing out anyone in particular and honestly, I can't even remember who's done what when it comes to destroying the English language here. :lol:

I just want folks to re-read their own posts before they hit submit to make sure it even reads correctly. :wink:

thank you for that. I do try my best. wish I could fiqure out how to do spell check.

Outlaw 8)

If you author a post, you automatically get an "edit" button. You can always go back and correct anything you submitted.

i am prone to the unix habit of not capitalizing where it belongs. and i never liked the unix os. :D

I'm a grammar Nazi. :p Make me a moderator and the posters who are too stupid or lazy to type in decent English will be eliminated. :shock: :mrgreen: Gary

ENGLISH GRAMMAR & SPELLING

Let's not be too hasty. We now have many international posters who may not grasp the language nor have a proper english spell check.

devilduckie said:
Let's not be too hasty. We now have many international posters who may not grasp the language nor have a proper english spell check.

I'm pretty sure most of us are aware of these situations and sensitive to them, but from the ESL (English as a Second Language) posters I know, most of them type in english better than many of us.

Back